Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Weasyl
    Dark
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkbybirth View Post
    Will there be different rules for group accounts made here? I was thinking of making one but I don't want to until I understand clearly what is and is not allowed.
    Really and honestly, I'd much rather groups be their own thing as Social Groups were/are in vBulletin. That way we don't have to worry about group admins losing access if we change the group account password.

Weasyl
    Croc
    Perhaps it would be good to see how many people are asking for a particular feature, and/or you could bold the suggestions that are closer to actually happening?

Personally I'm all for the user search, more streamlined handling of submissions/collections, more photos on character pages and collection pieces showing up on the main user page. I like the idea of collecting but it seems like for the person who commissioned it, it's not particularly visible. Otherwise you'll end up with a lot of user pages with what looks like no content, but if they are constantly commissioning art, it's all going to be hidden in the collections folder, which only specific users are going to see.

Most of the people I've talked to who don't seem interested in opening an account here think that it's really only for producers of art and not consumers. I don't think that's exactly true but if it is not, then a couple changes would make it much more appealing to people who want to support art but aren't good at making it. It all depends on whether Weasyl's goal is primarily to be a place for art producers or whether it wants to offer a viable alternative to anyone currently using a service like FA.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #134

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Crossed out a few things because the Streaming Status feature just got a nice update.

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Perhaps it would be good to see how many people are asking for a particular feature, and/or you could bold the suggestions that are closer to actually happening?

Personally I'm all for the user search, more streamlined handling of submissions/collections, more photos on character pages and collection pieces showing up on the main user page. I like the idea of collecting but it seems like for the person who commissioned it, it's not particularly visible. Otherwise you'll end up with a lot of user pages with what looks like no content, but if they are constantly commissioning art, it's all going to be hidden in the collections folder, which only specific users are going to see.

Most of the people I've talked to who don't seem interested in opening an account here think that it's really only for producers of art and not consumers. I don't think that's exactly true but if it is not, then a couple changes would make it much more appealing to people who want to support art but aren't good at making it. It all depends on whether Weasyl's goal is primarily to be a place for art producers or whether it wants to offer a viable alternative to anyone currently using a service like FA.
    To be honest I really do not feel like tallying up how many people want a particular feature. As for bolding things, site updates get programmed in pretty fast by our Tech crew so by the time I get a free chance to update the list, the feature might already be fixed or implemented.

And no, it's not true. Weasyl is for artists and art appreciators all alike. That misunderstanding mostly came up because of the previous Collections System Policy, which we have recently changed. If people still feel that Weasyl is only for artists despite that update, we should be told why they feel that way so we can see what we can do in the future to help.

Weasyl
    Vey
    - Mixcloud embed links for Multimedia submissions, in addition to Souncloud and Bandcamp. Because.. you know.. unlike Soundcloud, uploading DJ mixtapes to Mixcloud is actually legal.
    There is no spoon…

Weasyl
    doki
    Would there be a way sometime in the future to automatically link links? So instead of being text people could click on it and it would take them there?

How about the ability to order submissions within a folder?

I have a story series I am uploading but it shows the chapters backwards with no way to fix it. Even a few sort by options would be good, like sort by date or filename, ascending and descending.

- - - Updated - - -

Something else that would be useful is a NEXT/PREV feature.

Being able to hot-link submissions in descriptions would be a big help here. Be nice to have little images with titles for users to see and click on.

I can do it manually with [url] tags but it's a lot of work.

Having links to go forward/back within a folder would be great. Then readers could click NEXT and BACK which could be generated automatically. This of course would be tricky with submissions going into multiple folders of course. Nobody said coding was easy.

Weasyl
    smarticus
    ^That reminds me of a thing. How about the option to mass download someone's gallery or collection, instead of clicking/saving each one. Falvie's gonna be here eventually and she's got ALOT of art. If not that then the option for they themselves to put up a mass downloadable collection option.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTalon View Post
    How about the ability to order submissions within a folder?
    Could this please be added to the common suggestions list?

Especially for a new site, with people moving their galleries over slowly, but not all at once, this would allow some people to post things here more quickly because we wouldn't have to worry about things being out of order if we submit newer stuff now and later stuff later.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by Varden View Post
    ^That reminds me of a thing. How about the option to mass download someone's gallery or collection, instead of clicking/saving each one. Falvie's gonna be here eventually and she's got ALOT of art. If not that then the option for they themselves to put up a mass downloadable collection option.
    Why am I guessing that this kind of bandwidth dump is something they want to make as difficult as possible?