Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    I believe this issue is due to your browser size being reduced or the page is zoomed. Try pressing ctrl + 0 to reset the zoom on the page or increase your browser window size and it'll go back to two columns.
    Thank you so much!

Weasyl
    Sax
    I don't think I've seen it suggested: could it be possible that when you accept someone as a friend, you have the option to follow him/her?

I posted about it here already, and in another thread (here: http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/s...rking-properly), but I figured I would re-post it in a succinct manner and hopefully get an up-to-date answer on if there are plans to change any of this:

On a submission page, the "more in folder" function at the bottom is determined completely at random, rather than in sequential order as one might expect. This wouldn't be a problem except that there are only thumbnails to click through, which means I have no idea what any of those pictures actually are until I click them. I feel like this would either need to be redone so that they are displayed in sequential order, or that thumbnails would need to expand when moused over to show the "full" picture so that I know what I'm clicking on. Otherwise, the "more in folder" function seems pretty useless.

Are there plans to have thumbnails expand to show the full picture (I imagine this is a bigger overhaul because thumbnails show up everywhere on the site)? And/or are there plans to revamp the "more in folder" function so that it's in sequential order? I was told back in November that the answer to these questions was no, but I'm wondering with the influx of new people if this has been reconsidered. Sorry to (potentially) beat a dead horse.

Thanks!

Don't think I have seen this suggested:

When a user searches for something on the main site possibly have it show how many results there are for a given search as well as what page a user is currently on out of the total. Examples given below.

Total Results:

Number of Pages:
    3 - 92
    or
    1 ... 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 ... 200

Weasyl
    smarticus
    Yes hi and yes hi I know first post, shalom shalom and that nonsense.

Two things I haven't seen listed on the list here or page one of this forum:
    A sexier search page.
    http://puu.sh/25NJN
    Look at that. The buttons. The stuff. The stuff. The weasyl search is heavy on the either/or. A widdle button just below Search with options for an advanced search splash page would be yes. Very yes.

Tags. Tags are cool. Could we track tags. There's updates for submissions, characters, and collections, a little section for tags you're tracking right above them mite b cool. Just have a lil option to "Track this term" when you search (a'la Tumblr) and get notifications of new ones. Someone posts something tagged Caracal, you get a new notification.

Okay yeah.
    Shalom, kul tuv.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #126

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Updated main post with some new additions and crossing out things that have been added.

Weasyl
    smarticus
    Sorry about the double post but a few things I noticed about the forum.

Show new posts from certain boards? Just clicking new posts gets this massive 12 page long thing. I'd like to see new posts from like 4 sections (General, trades, art, market), not all of them. Is there a way to do this or can it be done.

http://puu.sh/25SZJ
    That's the "Threads you made, dummy" page.
    http://puu.sh/25T11
    That's the "Posts you made, dummy" page. Is there a page like the first one showing the second one. IE threads you've posted in.
    I mean this basically:
    http://puu.sh/25T7W
    Showing the threads you posted in.

This forum isn't exactly FP or SA but it does get a good number of posts relative to time, even in beta now. I'd just like some better ways to wade through all of them.
    (Wonders if this is the right thread for forum suggs)

Weasyl
    Onnes
    It seems rather obvious that quite a few submitters are abusing the Now Streaming and Critique Wanted features on the main page purely as advertising, which in turn devalues them as to their intended function. With streams, one obvious fix would be to simply disable the function for anyone caught leaving it active without an actual stream. Streams could also be removed from the front page entirely or require some minimal navigation to view, which would lower their value as pure advertisements. Critique wanted submissions seem a lot murkier because of the difficulty of determining absolutely what is and isn't abuse, and because I'm assuming the site actually wants to increase the visibility of those submissions to encourage critique in the first place.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnes View Post
    It seems rather obvious that quite a few submitters are abusing the Now Streaming and Critique Wanted features on the main page purely as advertising, which in turn devalues them as to their intended function. With streams, one obvious fix would be to simply disable the function for anyone caught leaving it active without an actual stream. Streams could also be removed from the front page entirely or require some minimal navigation to view, which would lower their value as pure advertisements. Critique wanted submissions seem a lot murkier because of the difficulty of determining absolutely what is and isn't abuse, and because I'm assuming the site actually wants to increase the visibility of those submissions to encourage critique in the first place.
    I've actually brought up the Crit Wanted feature abuse to the staff before. The abuse of it just bothers me, because the feature has so much potential to really help artists learn from each other. I'd not noticed a problem with the Streaming section, but it's a good thing to bring up.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I've actually brought up the Crit Wanted feature abuse to the staff before. The abuse of it just bothers me, because the feature has so much potential to really help artists learn from each other. I'd not noticed a problem with the Streaming section, but it's a good thing to bring up.
    I'd recommend good old-fashioned shaming, however experience tells me that the in these cases those who need it are completely immune.