Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Weasyl
    Stefan
    So I already saw that the suggestion I had was already listed in the first post, but I still would want to share my opinions about it and maybe extend the suggestion a little.

I think it would be good, if collection images and maybe even favs as well would be shown on the user's frontpage, maybe by dividing the upper row that is now used for gallery submissions by 3, to show the same amount of pictures of each category.
    And/or by adding a field for each between the Folders and Shouts area.
    It would give the user's frontpage a way more interactive look, plus it would make the user's frontpage look more active/filled, especially for these people who are no artists.

The biggest amount of users only will commission or fav artwork, they are no artists themselves, so either their user page will look really empty and unused (unless you dig deeper through the collection and fav tab). ...or they'll start uploading their commissions to their gallery to prevent an empty profile, which might result in images getting uploaded twice, once by the artist and once by the commissioner.

Except that, I just would want a Nuke All-Button on the submission/character page... it's a little annoying that I first have to go to the character gallery to delete the submissions as I'm usually not interested in new characters.

Except for the points mentioned above, I really like Weasyl already. Love the fresh layout and especially the function to friend and follow users. This way I can keep interesting people close and friends even closer, thumbs up!

Weasyl
    one_time_use11145678
    i think a feature of being able to follow people by tying their username in would be nice. because a lot of artists ar emoving in from FA and it will be a pain to manually search an d watch them all @_@
    Last edited by one_time_use11145; 02-18-2013 at 03:50 AM.

I'd like to ask will there be any kind of moderation when it comes to file downloads? I'm not exactly a fan of having a big download button on every submission where anyone can just pick up the file. In DA you had the option to disable it or allow only a certain size to be viewed, while on FA you're limited to a 1200x1200 sized picture so its not always the best resolution.

Maybe (and I'm aware of this being suggested already, but would like to repeat for emphasis) a little more comprehensive system for viewing submissions? The thumbnails are a nice gimmick, but it doesn't really provide the size and space for a good preview image, which I feel is important when it comes to looking through multiple galleries of artwork without having to click on each and every thumbnail to see the entire thing. Maybe something where hovering over the thumbnail for a second or two will make a small preview pop up?

And lastly, would it be too much trouble adding a Creative Commons License option in the submissions? I like the outline you have there in your Guidelines about Copyright, but I don't think this is immediately obvious to most people. Its a lot easier and faster to get the message across if you can set and apply Copyright stipulations to submissions to show the degrees of sharing you allow on particular artworks, between those that are personal works and those that are free to use.

Weasyl
    Dark
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerBeacon View Post
    And lastly, would it be too much trouble adding a Creative Commons License option in the submissions? I like the outline you have there in your Guidelines about Copyright, but I don't think this is immediately obvious to most people. Its a lot easier and faster to get the message across if you can set and apply Copyright stipulations to submissions to show the degrees of sharing you allow on particular artworks, between those that are personal works and those that are free to use.
    YouTube actually already does this and it seems to be working.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerBeacon View Post
    I'd like to ask will there be any kind of moderation when it comes to file downloads? I'm not exactly a fan of having a big download button on every submission where anyone can just pick up the file. In DA you had the option to disable it or allow only a certain size to be viewed, while on FA you're limited to a 1200x1200 sized picture so its not always the best resolution.
    You may want to expand a bit on what you want added to the current way submissions are viewed. Do you want a system like flickr has where the artist can select what sizes of an uploaded image the site presents to viewers? And/or the option to disable saving entirely?

As it stands, I think it's assumed artists will upload whatever size image they want ultimately made available to visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Onnes View Post
    You may want to expand a bit on what you want added to the current way submissions are viewed. Do you want a system like flickr has where the artist can select what sizes of an uploaded image the site presents to viewers? And/or the option to disable saving entirely?

As it stands, I think it's assumed artists will upload whatever size image they want ultimately made available to visitors.
    More like the way DA handles it, where an artist can load the largest possible image for viewing purposes but can choose to make it available/disable downloading. And before anyone mentions, yes, I know its still possible to download images without the Download button. I just thought if it was possible to limit the circulation of images by not making it widely available for downloading if the artist doesn't wish it to.

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    yeah I'd like that option of being able to select the resolution of the image, because the current size kinda limits seeing the full quality of the image, and the only way to view it in it's high-quality fullness it by hitting Download button.

Would be nice to have it sorta similar to how DeviantArt does it where you can select the size you want, but still restricting what the maximum size can be, cuz you know… some artists like to upload excessively massive image which stretches the page out beyond the users viewing screen.

Say for example someone uploads a pic at 2200x4000 that would totally stretch the page out so far, but if you were to limit the size to about a 3rd of it's actual size as the selectable option based upon it's actual full resolution when it detects the pixel size of the image.

Weasyl
    SkunkByBirth
    Will there be different rules for group accounts made here? I was thinking of making one but I don't want to until I understand clearly what is and is not allowed.

- - - Updated - - -

Will there be different rules for group accounts made here? I was thinking of making one but I don't want to until I understand clearly what is and is not allowed.

I know I'll probably be the only one who even cares about this, or even likes this idea, but can you guys please put the profile page back the way it was, with two columns? I despise everything being all centered and being in one column; I liked how before you could see the art, and the person's profile information at the same time; I thought that it was really great! Now you have to scroll down just to see someone's journals or latest art. Its a major thing for me, its really dampening my experience here to tell you the truth...

And for the notifications, could you make a larger distinction between them on the page, like a divider of some sort?

Thank you guys for working so hard on everything! ^_^

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #120
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Quote Originally Posted by NamelessTraveler View Post
    I know I'll probably be the only one who even cares about this, or even likes this idea, but can you guys please put the profile page back the way it was, with two columns? I despise everything being all centered and being in one column; I liked how before you could see the art, and the person's profile information at the same time; I thought that it was really great! Now you have to scroll down just to see someone's journals or latest art. Its a major thing for me, its really dampening my experience here to tell you the truth...

And for the notifications, could you make a larger distinction between them on the page, like a divider of some sort?

Thank you guys for working so hard on everything! ^_^
    I believe this issue is due to your browser size being reduced or the page is zoomed. Try pressing ctrl + 0 to reset the zoom on the page or increase your browser window size and it'll go back to two columns.