Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceowolf View Post
    something ive noticed recently is since you can tag literary, video and audio with pictures, ive clicked on several things expecting a piece of art and its something else.

so my suggestion is on the display pic kinda like how you have red on the outside corner for rated ones, maybe drop in a little vid reel for videos, a music note for audio, little piece of paper for literary etc just so at quick glance you can decern what each piece is without having to mouse over every one of them.
    This this this so much. It would be incredibly helpful, especially when looking for a particular kind of artwork (like songs and such). And it would make a Ferret's job much easier, as well.

Weasyl
    Neybulot
    Quote Originally Posted by QuetzaDrake View Post
    I have a tiny suggestion regarding Collections: keeping a record on the submission page itself of people who have the image in their Collections. By this I just mean, like, showing the icons of the people next to each other in the sidebar of information, probably within or near the "Send Collection Offer" section, essentially a "People who have this in their Collections" section. That way, just in case you forget or you want to be extra-sure, you can see that the person has accepted your Collections offer and it's in their gallery. It also helps other people who see the submission and want to go look at that person's own art or collection, but the artist neglected or forgot to link to the commissioner/recipient of the art's Weasyl page.
    This is exactly what I was hoping to suggest, and I find it funny (haha funny, not weird) who suggested it. :p
    Last edited by Neybulot; 01-07-2013 at 05:19 AM.

Something that I think would be cool to impliment sometime when things calm down a bit would be a chat.
    Forums are ok, but I like chats much better, and I know that there are other people that feel the same way too.

Quote Originally Posted by NamelessTraveler View Post
    Something that I think would be cool to impliment sometime when things calm down a bit would be a chat.
    Forums are ok, but I like chats much better, and I know that there are other people that feel the same way too.
    Where? Nabyn had a chat on the frontpage, but I don't know of any other art site that does this. IRC? Groups only like DA?

Quote Originally Posted by RadioCatastrophe View Post
    Where? Nabyn had a chat on the frontpage, but I don't know of any other art site that does this. IRC? Groups only like DA?
    I was thinking at some time, it could be an IRC channel, with a client usable on-site, so that everyone could use it; that's yet another things that other art sites are lacking in, in my opinion. I know that FA has its own IRC, and DA's chats are open for everyone, but I don't think either of them have both IRC and an on-site thing going at the same time. :3

Quote Originally Posted by NamelessTraveler View Post
    I was thinking at some time, it could be an IRC channel, with a client usable on-site, so that everyone could use it; that's yet another things that other art sites are lacking in, in my opinion. I know that FA has its own IRC, and DA's chats are open for everyone, but I don't think either of them have both IRC and an on-site thing going at the same time. :3
    I wouldn't mind chats for the groups, as well as just an all-chat for the site for those who don't wish to join a group for the sake of chatting.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #97
    irc.anthrochat.net, #weasyl

use a web irc client if you want, but I don't think there's really a pressing need to put an irc applet on the mainsite. eventually it'll probably be publicized more.
    Last edited by weykent; 01-09-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Ah, thanks weyken, I'll check it out.
    No, not an urgent thing, but it'd be something nice to do in the future (And to better publicize the IRC, I didn't think even that existed at the moment! xD)

Weasyl
    GingerM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Just a list I compiled of common suggestions that our user's have given us. Though, just because something is on this list, does not mean it will be implemented!
    Character related:

• Being able to upload more than one image to a character page
    • Custom fields for additional info (on the lines of weight, height etc. type fields)
    • Edit submission file for characters
    • Characters viewable on front page
    Adding to character-related submissions:

• For the main character image, the ability to use an image already in one's gallery or collection. Thus, if someone commissions art of a character from an artist and the artist offers it as a collection item, the user can just link to that instead of having to re-upload the sheet.
    • The ability to update/change the main character image in a character listing. At the moment if you want to change the image, you have to delete the character and re-post entirely, which is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Collections related:

• Being able to request an image to collection
    • Featuring collection to user's front page
    • Allowing characters to be placed into collections
    Adding to the collections ideas:
    • Allowing the collection recipient(s) to add their own information to the write-up; also to subsequently edit that information. Of course, they should NOT be able to alter anything entered by the original artist, nor anything entered by anyone else who was offered the collection.
    • Collection items should NOT be their own separate section of a user's profile, either. In my view, they should be like shortcuts or links, perhaps with a small graphics overlay on/adjacent to the image to cue the viewer that this is a collection item. But collections can be visual, written, musical, so they should sort into the appropriate area of the collection recipient's gallery, not be put off on their own.
    FA: GINGERM | RHIANNON ~ SOFURRY ~ FUTANARI PALACE ~ RENDEROTICA
    WEASYL ~ DEVIANTART ~ HENTAI FOUNDRY ~ WIKIFUR
    Live life to the fullest, love with a full heart.

For those still wanting a full resolution image option with quality switcher button, I've made a script that does just this: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/156179.

Tell me what you think?!?