Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #61

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Salmy, all of those are really good suggestions. Thank you for being so specific with them!

Also, we will have an open API sometime in the future.

Maybe add a "Newest" and "Previous" button just above the submission name when viewing a picture? So that way when you view a submission you don't have to go back to the full gallery list just to see another picture from the same artist.

If this is already on the site, maybe i'm blind and don't see it...

Quote Originally Posted by GalixArtistry View Post
    Maybe add a "Newest" and "Previous" button just above the submission name when viewing a picture? So that way when you view a submission you don't have to go back to the full gallery list just to see another picture from the same artist.

If this is already on the site, maybe i'm blind and don't see it...
    If you go to a submission and look at the lower right you will see images that come before and after it. Not in the immediate order though.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioCatastrophe View Post
    If you go to a submission and look at the lower right you will see images that come before and after it. Not in the immediate order though.
    Well no, I see that but I'm saying maybe one that does it in order? That way the order isnt mixed up. Like say your posting a sequence of images that make a story, to look at them in order you'd have to open a lot more tabs, one pic of the sequence in each, just to view it right. With the "More In Folder ____" option you'd get the sequence all out of order and it wouldn't make since.

Most people link the images of the sequence, since not all artists drawn them all out at once.. but I get what you mean. I'm sure it's been suggested before, I've seen it pop-up in other threads, I'm not sure if it's on the front page, even if it isn't, it might be on another page waiting to be added.

Weasyl
    Khato
    I'm pretty sure it's just a temporary thing, but SWF files are a concern for me right now, just like GIFs. I just want to make sure it won't stay like this forever.

I have a series I'm crossposting from FA, and when it gets to the flash entry it just chokes and ruins the stage bounderies I've designed it around. Going to a new page seems to be a necessary evil for now, but right now it's a little unworkable.

Example on Weasyl: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/42449 (eh, warning: fatty. And flagrant disregard for planescape lore)

Ideally I'd like it to show on the page itself, like with embedded video. Without the canvas constriction, it flashes and shows all the offstage stuff that would normally be hidden. It shows up pretty well on FA:

Example on FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9205650/

So it doesn't make a very pretty sight when the swf file flips out like this.

Will this be fixed? It's kind of worrying me.

Weasyl
    foxboyprower
    I think an alert system organized by artist uploads would be very helpful for managing alerts, but I can live without that however relatively inconvenient the current system is.

The biggest thing I would like to see put in, is the ability to move submissions around in your own gallery. It's currently in just the order you submitted them. If anything is resubmitted or edited, that one will move to the top. I write a lot of sequential stuff. It would be a huge pain if I changed chapter 4 and it suddenly is the last or first chapter listed. I don't feel comfortable submitting stuff until I can move stuff around. The more I add, the more stuff might get stuck in the wrong spot.

Also, I've posted a lot of suggestions already, but I haven't said a thing about what a great job you guys have been doing on things. Keep it up! It'll be great to see what this site can become.

There really should be a way to keep from getting links to inactive streams on the front page. Maybe have the stream sink off the front page if no one has clicked the link in X amount of minutes/hours. Or an automatic reset after a timer. Also being able to localize the time zone in your site settings would be nice so it's easier than trying to find the server time to see how long a stream has been up.

Weasyl
    Squeedge
    I've been using the site for... about a month now, I think? Overall, I love it, but I do have suggesstions. Right now it's just in regards to COMMENTS, though!

- I would like an option to either hide or delete comments.

- When replying to a comment, the reply box is at the very bottom of the page where I can not usually see what I'm replying to. This is VERY annoying, especially when I have a lot of comments or something long to reply to. Having to scroll up and down repeatedly is a bit of a chore. I would like to see the reply dialogue either appear directly underneath comments (e.g. deviantART), or at least have the reply box quote what I'm replying to (e.g. FurAffinity). This is my biggest complaint concerning comments, and I hope it's addressed soon because it's actually somewhat ruining an otherwise good experience!

- Add a preview option for comments (and journals!).

- Maybe add a link to "view all shouts" at the bottom of the profile page, near the reply box? The link to shouts seems a mite awkward in its current position. It might even be better listed after "Profile?"

Oh, AND ONE OTHER THING NOT RELATED TO COMMENTS:

Regarding comments and notifications, each section (shouts, submission comments, journal comments) should have their own buttons for "select all" and such. In other words, each section should be able to be managed separately. Otherwise, it's a hassle when I want to keep some notifications but not others, because I have to individually click click click the check boxes.

Good morning. Well, aside to say that I'm loving the site, I have a suggestion:

Edit comments feature.

But, typical of furries, this is very likely to be abused. So, my full suggestion is: Allowing people to edit their own comments during 3-5 minutes after posting the comment. That way we can fix any typo or grammar mistake after replying (invaluable for non native speakers), wouldnt be abused and would avoid something like hidden comments because you committed a mistake when replying, hid the comment and replied again.