Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Weasyl
    foxboyprower

Gallery sorting.

something I would love to see added eventually is the ability to easily sort your gallery (or the contents of a folder) in whatever way you want. Along with that, the "newer/older" buttons could be replaced with "next/previous" buttons that take the viewer to the next piece of work in the arrangement the artist put them in. It would really be helpful to writers such as myself who do a lot of chronological work. If I eIit something it screws up the order. I would love being able to click and drag my submissions around in my gallery to sort them like DA lets me. The thing I love about weasyl is how it gives artists tools to organize their work. So this would be very helpful to that end.

Weasyl
    Sci
    I don't see it on the list, so I'd like to suggest some user-side notification of submissions being reported. Not for the more serious ones since those aught to be handled by admins IMO and a user deleting the evidence could be used for trolling, but something like an alert if someone things the rating or category for a submission is incorrect.

I uploaded a few pictures in the past few days and noticed one had been reported. I presumed someone thought my judgement call on it's age rating was too low, so I changed it up. The reported status of it appears now to have changed back to normal.
    Unless I'd gone back and looked through my gallery though I'd have never known anything was amiss, and I suspect mis-categorising or rating a submission is going to be the most common issue. Wether by misjudgement or by selecting the wrong area on the pull-down menu. Most art sites I've seen it's just taken a "hey, think you need to change this" in the submission notes.

So I'd like to see something in the notifications area that just says "GenericUser12345 thinks this needs to be rated Mature not PG13" or "3 users think this is should be content type X" (to keep it anonymous). It'd probably help admins keep their workload down since most folk will change these things themselves if pointed out, but can still be approached statistically by logging to see if any users are habitually bad at it and need an admin-level poking.
    Obviously it all still needs to be reported to admins in case an artist doesn't log on to see the issue, but allowing folk deal with it themselves means a lot will be dealt with before admins get to it. (I presume there's some sort of back-end Report queuing system items can be removed from if dealt with or updated automatically if the issue status changes)

Weasyl
    Swampwulf
    I would LOVE to be able to:
    - put a 'collected' piece in a specific, related folder (or folders as appropriate).
    - link/associate a folder to a character.

Be able to transfer 'ownership' to the creator of a piece of art if they decide to join Weasyl after I've uploaded art they've done for me.

Weasyl
    I have a suggestion. I didn't see it on the already-suggested list, so here it is!

How about a built-in system for purchasing commissions? You already have the ability to LIST commissions. How about a way for the artist/author/crafter/whatever to list the commission slot as if it were an item in an online store, collect the info he or she needs from the commissioner, and for the commissioner to pay via Paypal right from Weasyl?

Here's another suggestion.
    Someone mentioned collaborations before. How about a way to display right in the submission title that the submission is a collab with [USER]?

Another suggestion:
    I and many others love how easy it is to create a customized thumbnail. However, when looking at a large list of submissions as thumbnails and seeing only a little portion of the picture, it's difficult to tell just what I'm about to see. How about including the option to display the full picture in a small floating thumbnail on mouseover? That would keep the organization of the site, and the nifty thumbnail feature, yet give users the option to preview the full image before actually clicking it, and thus make it easier to choose which submissions to look at--and further protect users from things they cannot unsee.

Another:
    A "Keep Me Logged In" feature might be nice. In certain situations, it'd be nice not to have to log in again and again.

Another:
    A native mobile app! Okay, okay, I know, this one would be for waaay down the road, but a Weasyl app for iPhone and iPad and Android would be really great sometime in the future.

Hope these are useful! I'll post if I have more. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lukos View Post
    A native mobile app! Okay, okay, I know, this one would be for waaay down the road, but a Weasyl app for iPhone and iPad and Android would be really great sometime in the future.
    I hear tell that an API is under discussion, but once one is made public I'm sure a Android app will be in the pipeline. Apple wouldn't allow such an app since they don't allow adult rated content, since Weasyl can host such content, it would fail the system automatically. (Unless the app was designed to only show General and Mature content and hide all adult content.

Weasyl
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitani View Post
    I hear tell that an API is under discussion, but once one is made public I'm sure a Android app will be in the pipeline. Apple wouldn't allow such an app since they don't allow adult rated content, since Weasyl can host such content, it would fail the system automatically. (Unless the app was designed to only show General and Mature content and hide all adult content.
    Are you sure? I thought Xtube had an app... or maybe that's just a mobile version. I dunno. x3

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #87
    Another:
    A "Keep Me Logged In" feature might be nice. In certain situations, it'd be nice not to have to log in again and again.
    "again and again"? by default, users stay logged in for a year unless they explicitly log out. if you're experiencing issues, it would probably be worth posting a thread to the site issues forum.

Are you sure? I thought Xtube had an app... or maybe that's just a mobile version. I dunno. x3
    I'm pretty sure it would have been just a mobile version of the site.

While I don't think Weasyl has a native mobile template (Moreover a restructured design for smaller displays) I'm sure a native mobile design or app wouldn't be too hard an addition to make.

I have a tiny suggestion regarding Collections: keeping a record on the submission page itself of people who have the image in their Collections. By this I just mean, like, showing the icons of the people next to each other in the sidebar of information, probably within or near the "Send Collection Offer" section, essentially a "People who have this in their Collections" section. That way, just in case you forget or you want to be extra-sure, you can see that the person has accepted your Collections offer and it's in their gallery. It also helps other people who see the submission and want to go look at that person's own art or collection, but the artist neglected or forgot to link to the commissioner/recipient of the art's Weasyl page.

Weasyl
    Ceowolf
    something ive noticed recently is since you can tag literary, video and audio with pictures, ive clicked on several things expecting a piece of art and its something else.

so my suggestion is on the display pic kinda like how you have red on the outside corner for rated ones, maybe drop in a little vid reel for videos, a music note for audio, little piece of paper for literary etc just so at quick glance you can decern what each piece is without having to mouse over every one of them.
    Durp wolf is durp!