Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Weasyl
    Ransom
    Quote Originally Posted by iggi View Post
    I haven't yet seen this suggestion exactly. I noticed things like it, but not quite.

I think perhaps it would be useful, that when you are submiting a normal submission if you could use a dropdown extra menu to add this image to a character that exists in your list.( Similar to the suggestion to have multiple pages to a character). So images would still show in your normal gallery, but if viewers went to your character gallery and selected a character, they could see another gallery under it as "more of this character". (leaving it blank would not add it to any character.) This could also show art of that character that is in your collections and pool it all into one place. It would especially be useful for commissions if I could see multiple character images to use for refs by having this, as well the primary image the user has for the ref sheet. And would be fun for watchers who particularily admired a character and wanted to see more of them too. Adding additional usefulness could occur by letting it show up in the main gallery under a character sub-folder if you submitted it, one sub folder per character with additional art pages.

This would meet both desires fpr multiple pages of a character submission request from others, and for the desires for characters to show up in the main gallery.

Thanks for this wonderful site, i love it so much so far. It is clean, easy to use, and has everything i need. I hope to be here for a nice long time. Admin, please keep up the great work on this site!
    I like this! Being able to tag submissions as featuring specific characters and having it pooled together for easy browsing sounds like a really cool idea.

Could we put the Remove All buttons further away from the other buttons? I keep hitting it thinking it's "Remove Selected" because I'm an idiot and I see a red button saying Remove next to the select buttons and my mind skips straight to the nuking. Like if it were in the bottom right corner instead of just to the right of the remove selected, my reptile brain would probably make the mistake less often but that's just me.

I really think that allowing other people to make tags on submissions that aren't their own could lead to problems down the road. I've already heard of a few accounts of people receiving troll-tags on their work. Could we be given an option to not allow other users to tag our submissions, perhaps individually per submission? Otherwise, just allowing us to turn off other-person tagging in our settings would be good, too.

Weasyl
    Velo_Artwork
    Commission related.
    Could it be possible to get some kind of separate place for people to promote the opened up there slots again on Weasyl's main website?
    I know there is a forum with the market topic. but hear me out for a minute...
    I just saw in one batch for 30 submissions two 'my commissions are open now' submissions that didn't really added much extra value to the gallery. Just like it tends to happen on FA and other art sites. I hope this won't start on Weasyl. Because that could really lower the pleasure of browsing all new art submitted.

I do know there are the fora and there is the market. I know. But people tend to be lazy from time to time and adding it as a gallery art piece, is easier and faster done and attracts a bigger audience. (Or that might be what people think?)
    Don't forget many of them come from FA with it's YCH and all kinds of reminders posted in between the art.

Might be a good thing to think about to keep the art section cleared of spam/reminders/double posts?

Weasyl
    Tiido
    Looks like more file formats support for sound is already a common suggestion.

I would love to see OGG support here - smaller files that sound better, saves on bandwidth but main attraction is that is just sounds better. MP3 destroys the high freq range even at highest bitrates.
    For now I'll post links to alternate versions on my own server for people wishing better sounding files.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, or if it has previously been implemented and I'm just blind and can't find it, but is a submission queue/scheduler feasible? As in, being able to tell the site when to let the submission go through? Sometimes I want to upload things while I'm away from my computer so I can have a reasonably steady stream of art going up, but I can't because this feature doesn't exist/I can't find it.

If this does exist and I've just missed it, could you direct it to me? You can delete my post if this suggestion has been made already/exists, I'd just like to know before hand about if it's feasible or already done. Thank you!
    Be the potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo View Post
    Commission related.
    Could it be possible to get some kind of separate place for people to promote the opened up there slots again on Weasyl's main website?

Might be a good thing to think about to keep the art section cleared of spam/reminders/double posts?
    I like how stream notifications are set off in their own little space in the notifications page. This would also be a good place to put other common announcements that would otherwise go in submissions or journals, like commission slots, TOS changes and the like.

I hope you all fight against a lot of the FA specific suggestions, such as IDs, comment deleting, preview and full-size options, etc

Also someone asked to disable downloads? XD Wow...

I just want tag categories so uploaders are required to at least tag species and genders.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #239

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangie View Post
    I hope you all fight against a lot of the FA specific suggestions, such as IDs, comment deleting, preview and full-size options, etc

Also someone asked to disable downloads? XD Wow...

I just want tag categories so uploaders are required to at least tag species and genders.
    Those thing's aren't really FA specific? Stuff like comment deleting has been on other sites for years. We're just trying to figure out the best way to apply it to Weasyl so that people are less able to abuse it.

Weasyl
    Sax
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo View Post
    Commission related.
    I know there is a forum with the market topic. but hear me out for a minute...
    I just saw in one batch for 30 submissions two 'my commissions are open now' submissions that didn't really added much extra value to the gallery. Just like it tends to happen on FA and other art sites. I hope this won't start on Weasyl. Because that could really lower the pleasure of browsing all new art submitted.
    Yeah this. I had stopped browsing FA because it seemed like every other submission was a YCH offer or a stream notice. (hyperbole)