Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #31

Weasyl
    Fiz
    I'll try getting the main list in the original post updated soon with some of the suggestions that I've seen a lot. So far off the top of my head:

Automatic Link Parsing
    Edit submission file for characters
    Update for full view: Ability to enable or disable automatic full view
    Upload other file types for literary (.doc, .docx, etc.)
    Upload more file types in regards to music (.midi, .ogg, etc.)
    Preview button for descriptions on all submissions and journals
    Scroll bar on descriptions
    Allowing characters to be placed into collections
    Folders for collections
    Space on userpage for an ID
    Field on your page for an "artists info" space, separate from "profile" field
    Removing follow/friend/ignore/message info from your own page
    Auto tag complete
    "Official" and "Suggested" Tags
    Smart tagging
    Mass/bulk uploading
    Import from other sites uploading
    Major improvements to groups (groups are in a WIP so basically everything needs fixing, so I won't be specific with these)
    Easier Next and Back buttons on submissions (that isn't just the "more in folder" field)
    Pop up for log-out ("are you sure you want to log out?") to keep from misclicking log out
    Message center numbers updating properly (this is a bug I'm sure but putting it here regardless)
    Scraps feature/folder
    Characters viewable on front page
    Allow uploads for .zip, .sai and .psd files and similar sort of files.
    An official page to find all supported BBCode
    Major fixes for compose/literary upload errors (disappearing characters, formatting errors, etc.)
    Submissions show in root folder even if they're in a subfolder.
    Specific followers settings to pop up after a user is followed
    Invites additions (how many you have left, who you've invited, who has signed up with your invites, etc.)
    Last edited by Fiz; 11-02-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Hey all! I've been using the site and really loving it so far! You staff members are really doing a wonderful job with it, and I'm enjoying my stay Since I signed up while the site in is beta, I figure it's only fair that I put my two cents into this suggestions thread! Again, if this somehow doesn't fit in, feel free to delete.

There should be a "back to gallery" button implemented somewhere on a submission's page. I personally like to skip around galleries, and I'm certain many others do, and I just figure that it would be nice to have a button instead of just hitting "back" on your browser.

The ability to "Shuffle around" submissions in a gallery would also be a neat feature. A lot of people submit older art, and some people might want to keep their gallery in more of a chronological order.

A "scrapbook" type option, or "hide from gallery" option is definitely something that needs to be added!

And a major thing I noticed, and I don't know if I'm just missing it, but in your profile information you can put info such as other websites, screen names, so on so forth. This information doesn't show up ANYWHERE on your userpage! Definitely something that needs to be fixed/redesigned!

thanks again for the hard work you guys put into this site! Really looking forward to what's in store!

Weasyl
    KajTaotsu
    Something that I noticed while working on organizing my submissions is that if you have subfolders inside other folders, and put submissins into the subfolders, those submissions disappear from the main folder's selection/list and makes the list look kind of spotched. I would suggest that submissions still show in main folders even if they're in subfolders.

Located the Compose feature (I'd always assumed it had to do with journals). It might be easier / more streamlined to include it on the Submit page, since it's kind of off by itself, instead of with other submission features.

Weasyl
    Temrin
    In regards to Thistle's suggestion, i think there needs to a better way to identify between compose/literary and journal submissions. I think the submit section/button should be kept to your traditional art site submissions. I understand journals are a type of submission as well, but typically, its got its own link, not a sub catagory of submit (on most sites.) So i think Compose and literary should be under submit. (probably an option under one page for literary submissions. Like when you click literary it will give you the option to compose of upload. I realize this isnt exact user friendly in the sense that you should be able to get anywhere in like 2 clicks... but still.) While journal should be where compose is on the top navigation of the site.

At least. Thats what i think anyways.

Small suggestion: In Settings > Edit Profile, under "Contact and Social Media", add fields for Vimeo, Bandcamp, and SoundCloud. Weasyl accepts these sites for submissions, and there's already a field for YouTube, so it's a no-brainer.

Ok, ideas. Yesterday I chatted with Zaush and here is a big problem for us on your site:

~ Tag system - we need a possability to copy tags, or have fave tags or something like that, because for example when you upload pages of a comic, it takes forever to write same tags every damn time.
    ~ Adding tags - Wolf-Nymph and me as well was FREAKED OUT when we realised that strangers can add ANY tags to our submissions. NOT cool. There should be function so artist can disable this thing.
    ~ TOP/Rating System - Will be cool to see TOP sorta thing, like list of users sorted by number of followers, most faved pictures at the site, most commented picures.

Don't worry, I'm not "freaked out" by the current tagging system, it's just not ideal in my opinion. ^^ But I've said my piece about it already, looking forward to new developments!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskiworks View Post
    Don't worry, I'm not "freaked out" by the current tagging system, it's just not ideal in my opinion. ^^ But I've said my piece about it already, looking forward to new developments!
    I deifinitely did XD I just think it more people will mention it, there is higher possability to be fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_lollie View Post
    Small suggestion: In Settings > Edit Profile, under "Contact and Social Media", add fields for Vimeo, Bandcamp, and SoundCloud. Weasyl accepts these sites for submissions, and there's already a field for YouTube, so it's a no-brainer.
    x__x; Tried quoting this earlier, but I'd like for a field to be added labeled as "Website" possibly a Flickr as well?