Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Quote Originally Posted by Ceowolf View Post
    bottom right there should be something that says More in Folder "Commissions" (or whichever folder) and there is a back and forward with a couple imgs to go back and forward by
    (I feel dumb because I just made a thread about this, and then I saw your reply here)

This doesn't appear to work the same way as a "backward" and "forward" button would, though, because it's not in any particular order. If you click the thumbnails in the "older" or "newer" columns, they are not the pictures immediately preceding or following the current picture in that folder; they seem to just be randomly selected from before or after it within the folder. I've had two "newer" submissions show up in the bottom right, clicked one, and then scrolled down again, and it shows there are no "newer" submissions following that, and the ones in the "older" column are completely different than the ones I saw on the previous submission and do not include the previous submission either!

Maybe I'm just encountering a glitch, or something, but the "older"/"newer" function is sort of pointless if it just randomly picks two older and two newer thumbnails for any given submission. Either that, or I'm missing something very important, and I'm just dumb.
    Last edited by blarginator; 11-04-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: forgot to include the quote; durrrrrrr

Weasyl
    Popful
    Would love a version of the site optimized for the 3DS browser. No other site has that, for some reason.

Weasyl
    Supameep
    What about being able to push buttons on the keyboard to browse next and previous submission, or maybe make the next button not at the bottom of the page, It took me a while to even find it hehe.

Weasyl
    Mearu
    How about a tweet Submission checkbox?

Weasyl
    Demu
    It might be nice if on profiles the whole page was preloaded and you could go between profile sections (submissions, collections, etc.) with some sort of jQuery or AJAX script instead of loading a new page entirely each time!

How about a Chat system? I think that'd be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercat View Post
    Nabyn had a front page chatting system, or did you mean for groups and the sort? 0:
    Or even change the shouting system to real time chat if you're a prem member, or even a separate page for it C:

RSS chat logs

I dunno if this has been brought up or not or if this is the place to mention it, but I think it might be a good idea to have some kind of counter for invites and a way of knowing when you've run out and when it's rolled over. As it stands, I didn't know I was out when I was sending invites out a couple weeks ago, and I can't tell when it's rolled over without like wasting invites to send to a dummy email because it doesn't have anything to inform you when there's none.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #59

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybercat View Post
    A chat system is something that we want to create in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I dunno if this has been brought up or not or if this is the place to mention it, but I think it might be a good idea to have some kind of counter for invites and a way of knowing when you've run out and when it's rolled over. As it stands, I didn't know I was out when I was sending invites out a couple weeks ago, and I can't tell when it's rolled over without like wasting invites to send to a dummy email because it doesn't have anything to inform you when there's none.
    Yep, this has been suggested a few times and is in fact in my list of suggestions I need to add to the original post.

Weasyl
    Salmy
    SITE'S NAVIGATION:

As a gallery sites' 'compulsive user', there's several things I think Weasyl should address in order to make people stay and have fun while browsing/using the site.

Some of those things were already addressed, and I second them (for example, not having to go to each type of submissions' page so you can check them and delete them), but there's something else that is kinda needed, and that's full previews.

For being an art site, the thumbnails system here really don't do much to display art. The thumbnails are way too small (they look almost like avatars in a social network site) and you can't know who made it or what the name is unless you go over the image, and that information gets /over/ the image.

While it's a pretty ccs3 effect, for people wanting to see art (especially while 'browsing') and directly identify those artists they like or know, it's quite a hindrance. To say the least, it'd be cool to have both a 'thumbnail size' option and/or a 'show thumbnailed original submission isntead of custom thumbnail' option on your profile. Many of us prefer to see a real (and big, please) preview of what we're going to open in a new tab so we won't have to waste time, your bandwith and both yours and our resources to open stuff we don't really care much about.

COLLECTIONS:

Collections is a /great/ idea, because many people, like me, are just comissioners, and it's really cool and convenient to keep your watchers while at the same time being able to display the original submission from the artist's gallery instead of duplicating them, having to point your viewers to the original submission, etc.

I suppose that Weasyl is still very much in 'diapers', and that a lot of these features are already planned, but anyway, I'd suggest a couple of things to improve this feature:

- Like somebody else pointed out, make it possible for comissioners to ask the artist to 'share' a piece of art for their collection. Mostly /now/ that the site is starting off, there must be a /lot/ of old comissions done by artists for years that they can't just begin to search for their customers in Weasyl so they can share them as collections. It'd be way easier for me, for example, to find the artists I comissioned and just remind them to share their work with me.

- Faves for comissioned collected pictures should be shared between the artist and the comissioner. Why? Because even though art is (c) the artist, most of times people like comissioners as well because they're like the 'producers' of art. They like either a character or a comissioners' own tastes to choose the right artists for their comissions, so it's fair. In that way, if a collected piece gets a fav, either in the comissioner's gallery or in the artist's, it will count to both their favs.

- Collecter to be able to change/add description to the collected piece: OK, I still haven't collected anything here, so I dunno if this is already implemented or not, but comissioners usually have their own story regarding a piece of art they comissioned that would be /cool/ if it could show in both the original submission's page and the collector's.

FOR SUBMITTERS:

There's a cool feature Inkbunny has that I haven't seen in any other art site so far, which is multiple files per submission. It's SO cool to be able to display the sketch, inks, plain and shade colors, either as WIP's or as a full submission, and to get 'updates' of them in the inbox. Weasyl gotta have that too!

FOR CODERS:

You guys got an API yet? As the coder of the FA2Inkbunny script, I've been asked why not doing one for Weasyl. Well, for one, an API is needed for that, if you guys are willing to work with the artists and make life easier and more comfortable for them so they can move or duplicate their galleries from Furaffinity or other sources.

And that's all for now! xD Keep up the good work and my best wishes for your project :3