Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Character related:

• Being able to upload more than one image to a character page
    I'd like to see multiple pages for regular submissions as well. It'd be useful for submissions like complete multi-page comics/literature, or sketchdumps & tutorials.

In the case of multi-page comics that are being posted as they're completed/on an update schedule: Perhaps some way to group submissions together with manageable next/previous buttons for easier navigation? Or a way to notify followers of new additions to multi-page submissions?

I have a couple suggestions for improving submission presentation. I've posted these on the forums before, but I might as well get them into this thread:

1) Music submissions featuring albums on Bandcamp could really use a larger player, with more emphasis on album art. The current "Venti" player is suitable for single tracks, but does not offer any way to view the track-list for albums on-site, and the album art is very small. [This thread goes into more detail with visual examples.]

2) Video submissions: Currently, videos hosted on YouTube display at 640360, while videos hosted on Vimeo display at a smaller 400300. It'd make sense to display Vimeo uploads at the same size as YouTube uploads, it's curious that this has happened at all. [Visual examples]
    Last edited by CHICAGO_lollie; 04-10-2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: whoops, broke the quote

I have a silly question! and a frivolous cosmetic suggestion, but what the hey.

I'm sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but why is the user-gallery account not connected to the user-forum one? This feels a little like FA did in '05 when the forum and gallery were separate entities to sign into until Jheryn&Co thought to merge the two.

On frivolous cosmetics, when permalinking a comment under a submission/journal would it be possible to include subject lines on the comments? Kinda like I'm using twice here. These messages used to playfully indicate comment nature when they appeared in your message center, like a way for someone to ask "Commission?" w/o having to hop to the artist's front page to click the message-link there.

On that note, a Send Note beneath submissions would also be convenient.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #153
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Quote Originally Posted by uaykan View Post
    I'm sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but why is the user-gallery account not connected to the user-forum one? This feels a little like FA did in '05 when the forum and gallery were separate entities to sign into until Jheryn&Co thought to merge the two.
    Regarding the stuff mentioning the forums:

The main site was still being heavily worked on when we brought these forums online and such. There were a few issues regarding merging the two together, and I've spoken about them before, but a summary of why we have separate forum and main site accounts as it stands currently are:

1. The forum uses mysql and the mainsite uses postgres (I believe). Not sure how well these work together, but at the time we brought the forums up and such, we did not have the manpower to even consider merging them to link to one account. (There are ways to bridge logins and such but we did not think it would be a high priority at all)

2. It's a tad more secure. That is, if your main site and forum account use separate passwords, and your email isn't compromised. If one then gets hacked, the other should be fine. That's about it in terms of security as far as I know though.

3. We didn't and still don't have the resources to merge them into one account, and doing that currently would most likely be impossible unless we started the forums fresh due to having 3,950 members registered, that may or may not be using the same name as their main site account, or even email.

In the future we may look at the forums and decide on a course of action to take, but currently this is the way it stands as the forum updates are a lower priority than the main site.

I hope I am addressing this in the right thread, if not then i apologize for the inconvenience.

I have a concern about the public tagging system. Sorry for repeating anything that has already been discussed, but I'd like to know if there are any plans on allowing tagging privacy. I am concerned about the potential abuse from public tagging where the original uploader is in no control of how the image is tagged.

For example, I draw a lot of small breasted women. I don't like the idea that anyone could tag them as minors. Not only is it insulting but it is a violation of the community guideline and something I find morally disturbing.

Is it possible to disallowed users from adding tags to your submission? If not, will this be implemented in the near future?

I would like greater control over submissions. I am not sure if anyone else would find these helpful, but I believe they will be.

-There is already an option to make a submission viewable only to friends. How about adding extra check-boxes or options to make a submission only viewable to people who watch you as well. Preferably make it submission based rather than an account setting.

-Perhaps also an option to hide your submission from the front page, but still able to search for it with the right tags if that is possible.

Weasyl
    Trianine
    Fiz, are the suggestions that are crossed out implemented/being-implemented, or being denied?

Also, I see that some changes to the file system are happening. Woohoo! I came here because I haven't seen anything about updates in a while, and I'm curious what you've added.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #157

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Trianine View Post
    Fiz, are the suggestions that are crossed out implemented/being-implemented, or being denied?

Also, I see that some changes to the file system are happening. Woohoo! I came here because I haven't seen anything about updates in a while, and I'm curious what you've added.
    They are things that were previously suggested but have now been implemented.

There's been a few small updates regarding files. Submission filenames now include usernames, and .mp3 detection was fixed.

I don't know if this has already been suggested, but I think that it would be a good thing if users could delete comments that others make on your work or profile page (I'm sorry if I've missed the feature if its already on the site, but I looked everywhere!)

That, and I'd like to see a way to block other users from adding tags to your work, or at least have it so that it has to be approved before it goes through. One of the artists that I watch had to make their whole gallery friends only to keep people from messing with her work and adding offensive tags, and its got me kind of paranoid about it...

Weasyl
    Zalcoti
    Okay this may be suggested already but I have stuff to add.

It needs to be revamped. Users should be able to browse submissions requesting critique. It's annoying to refresh the page to find new submissions wanting it. Also, there should be a rule where only one submission at a time from a user is allowed up for critique. Only one please. It can be removed from the critique section once it gains valuable critique(s) so another image can be posted for critique. I've seen too many people post entire galleries up for critique yet nobody is even critiquing these things. I try to but got blocked once for doing so! Only one up at a time would reduce flooding and might encourage people to comment. The lack of comments on this website is also alarming. And maybe there can be a notification somewhere on the submission showing other users critiques are welcomed. There's already a box to flag it for critique so why not make some more use out of this option.

So there. I hope to see some changes with this section, even if my suggestions aren't used, I'd at least like to see it become more user-friendly.

Weasyl
    foxboyprower
    The ability to hide folders (this especially includes folders for favorites if they are made) from guests, site members, or even from friends.
    I've got a lot of stuff in my favorites I don't want everyone to see. I'd love to see something that lets people hide their folders (and all the stuff inside obviously) from certain groups of users (guests, members, friends, and everyone else). While it is possible to figure out that some person recently added stuff to their favorites, it would take some time consuming detective work to figure it out leaving them with some privacy.