Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

Weasyl
    OVERLORD
    Is it possible to have more convenient watchlist submission management, like a big 'Nuke all' button?

Weasyl
    Temrin
    @Overlord the nuke all button has been suggested a few times : )

Quote Originally Posted by OVERLORD View Post
    Is it possible to have more convenient watchlist submission management, like a big 'Nuke all' button?
    Always best to check the first page before trying to add onto the list! It's listed under the "Message Center" category.

does user search mean a browse feature for artist or is it just making a artist a tag for searches in general?

I think it would be awesome to be able to link artwork of a character to its original character profile.
    For instance, if you go into the character profile you can hit a button called "more of *character's name*", and artwork related to this character will appear, regardless if it is artwork made by the owner of it, or just simply fan-art. It would be cool if it worked the other way around; discovering a piece of art with a character you like, you can get to its character profile through that artwork.
    I can imagine that this would work best if you have to make a request between the character's owner, and the artist who made the artwork to link the profile with the art. :>

I didn't see it in the already suggested post, so here's an addition I'd like to see: Where the Commission/Request/Trades status is, can we get a "collaboration/collab" status? I do collabs frequently now and would like people to know that they are open. I guess I can put it as a Trade, but collabs aren't necessarily the same as trades, so it might confuse people. Collabs don't necessarily mean requests either, so I wouldn't set it as OPEN either. Just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by SladinForever View Post
    I didn't see it in the already suggested post, so here's an addition I'd like to see: Where the Commission/Request/Trades status is, can we get a "collaboration/collab" status? I do collabs frequently now and would like people to know that they are open. I guess I can put it as a Trade, but collabs aren't necessarily the same as trades, so it might confuse people. Collabs don't necessarily mean requests either, so I wouldn't set it as OPEN either. Just a thought!
    I actually quite like this suggestion. I've thought about suggesting it before but then wondered on the merit of it. I think it could be a valuable addition to the site. Especially for those who have a majority of work in the Collaboration area.

Weasyl
    Mearu
    I've been thinking, curiously. (dangerous thing I know, especially unsupervised )

I have a couple suggestions, far too often so many of us use many different sites to promote and sell out art for whatever reasoning. Furbid/Furbuy/Dealers Den to auction ar, even FA to do some post auctioning.

Bidding/Auction option for submissions? Front page would be easy enough to have a current auctions listing. Paypal/Google Cart what have you being the payment options and such. Buyers protected under Paypal. It is just a thought to make this a bit nicer and more an all-in-one site artists tools and client tools will make it all easier for everyone if they don't have some 10 different places to create user name and accounts etc in.

Tips Jar - Inkbunny has this lovely lil option to tip artists! they link their paypal account and anyone can tip them for their works, its just a nice gesture and a simple one I think.

Digital Purchases - Either downloading or ordering a print of said submission - options would be digital download or direct request from the artist for a physical print. This same thing could be perhaps incorporated into commission purchases as well.

I know most of these ideas sound like a headache but I'd be more than happy to try and create a skeleton base to show proof of concept.

Cheers!
    Mearú Swagtail

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #79

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mearu View Post
    I've been thinking, curiously. (dangerous thing I know, especially unsupervised )

I have a couple suggestions, far too often so many of us use many different sites to promote and sell out art for whatever reasoning. Furbid/Furbuy/Dealers Den to auction ar, even FA to do some post auctioning.

Bidding/Auction option for submissions? Front page would be easy enough to have a current auctions listing. Paypal/Google Cart what have you being the payment options and such. Buyers protected under Paypal. It is just a thought to make this a bit nicer and more an all-in-one site artists tools and client tools will make it all easier for everyone if they don't have some 10 different places to create user name and accounts etc in.

Tips Jar - Inkbunny has this lovely lil option to tip artists! they link their paypal account and anyone can tip them for their works, its just a nice gesture and a simple one I think.

Digital Purchases - Either downloading or ordering a print of said submission - options would be digital download or direct request from the artist for a physical print. This same thing could be perhaps incorporated into commission purchases as well.

I know most of these ideas sound like a headache but I'd be more than happy to try and create a skeleton base to show proof of concept.

Cheers!
    Mearú Swagtail
    The digital purchases and bidding/auction options are things staff have talked about previously and things we would love to have on the site in the future. That said, it likely won't be in the near future.

As for the tip jar, thats a good idea! Maybe we could have it be part of the commission info area?

Some humble suggestions

- Add the person who invited you as a friend on the new account (or at least suggest it). Particularly important while there's no working user search. I got in and had to figure out the URL format and guess around a few times to find her!

- Link pages in your own profile (e.g. Characters, Journals) to the relevant Submit page (e.g. Submit a character, submit a journal).

- Trivial complaint, but the form styling could do with some work. It's totally not clear that the pull-downs (select boxes) are pull-downs.

- Can I submit a Character with an image I've had commissioned from someone else? It seems to conflict with the idea of Collections, and doesn't credit the original artist. It makes sense for people who commissioned reference sheets to put them here, as well as other art of that character (already commonly suggested).

- It might make sense to offer a different UI for people like me who don't produce art. Pretty low priority, and would probably need to be optional.

- Resist feature creep. I think you've got it pretty good right now. Do you have a plan for evaluating and/or limiting new features?