Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #171

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaMalamute View Post
    A highly useful feature common on many other sites is displaying metadata for photos.

As someone who usually uploads photography, this feature is preferable over manually typing it all into the submission description. Some other sites like DeviantArt and Furaffinity support this feature, either by enabling it when the submission is classified as photography or when the proper metadata is detected to indicate a photo.
    This is something that would be nice but would be difficult to implement on our current set up. It'll likely come up later, though.

Anywho, updated the thread by crossing off a handful of things that have been implemented/fixed! Biggest mention is that updating character files has been added finally!
    Last edited by Fiz; 06-18-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Weasyl
    Caswyn
    I have a few suggestions to get a little improve to the site ^^

- Collection request : Requesting in a submission to have it in the collection. This is specially useful when the user blocked notes. Along with this, maybe add an option to block requests too to prevent abuse, but for an artist that is working on commissions would be a good spread.

- Hide comment's responses by default, show with button : Hiding the responses to comments on a submission would be 2 kills on single shot. First it will hide the long list of responses that ends like being chat, something that is not interesting for most of the viewers but who are responding. It will too encourage focusing on really commenting the submission, not just the comments of other users.

- Label commission notes (or make another category for them) : Just like requests, but for commissions. Maybe not that necessary but useful to separate by the subject of the note.

- Favicon : Not like it's too important, but I would be nice if the site have a favicon (Favicon on Wikipedia for those who doesn't know what it is). It would make the site fancier and more atractive for people.
    It could be done along with what this sites says modern.IE (The Windows 8 tile) and it would catch all the views on any PC. Just to get the site in the front of the new upcoming software.

It is worthwhile to say that this is a great site with a lot of potential, even now it is very nice me (it is on beta yet). I applaud everyone is working on this. I would love to help, donating maybe, but I don't get how it Works hehe I will try anyway.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #173

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Updated the Original Post quite a bit! Made a separate section for things that were suggested and implemented, and also crossed off a few things that we will for sure not implement. Hopefully this reads better than the way it was originally.

Weasyl
    foxboyprower
    I see there is already a suggestion for folders of favorites. That's something for which I've really been hoping.
    But I would like to suggest a feature that applies to all folders (assuming favorites someday will get folders). I would like the ability for all folders to be hidden.
    Perhaps you have some submissions that you only want friends to see. Select sharing options for that folder and choose to allow friends only to display the content of that folder. Note that friends can still add these submissions to their favorites, but anyone else that gets the URL to one of the hidden submissions in this hidden folder will be blocked from viewing the submission.
    For favorites, this would be very helpful in its own way. Some user might have favorites they would not want everyone to see. They could editing the sharing options for a specific favorites folder and enable only friends to see it, or only himself to see the contents of the folder.
    Note: In this case, the Favorited submission obviously wouldn't be hidden from everyone if viewed through the artist's gallery. The artist could still see that the user had added their submission to favorites. So while it would be possible to learn the favorites of a user, it would just add a bit of privacy like a locked door to certain favorites.

Not to sound mean, but I'm fairly new to Weasyl and I am not too crazy about the layout. Like, all the things you can do is pretty awesome!
    But in the looks department it's a little lacking... Sort of like Deviantart, it looks messy. Though I love how people who aren't watching you can see your journal!
    I'm sorry this isn't a helpful comment. I just do not find it appealing how the things are laid out. Unless you can change that then I'm sorry, this may be useless!

What about uploading adult art and tagging it as adult, even if the artist isn't over 18. I know other sites who have this feature, so artists can upload any of their art, without having to be restricted by age. It's their own art, they made it. They don't want to show it, when they're finally 18. lol

I've got a suggestion, and this seemed like the best place to put it.

How about stickied journals, with formatting specifically for Q&A and commission queuing?

For example, responses to the journal would have pre-made labels to choose from that are required to use for the specific journal, like "Question" for a question to be answered, or "Request" for a query for a commission slot. Then as the question is answered it would change labels to "Answered" and the answer to the question would be labeled as "Answer" if the poster accepts the answer, or the request can be labeled "Accepted"/"Rejected", "Paid" and labeled with a queue number, then "Completed" and the thread of posts can be collapsed to make room for other posts.

To avoid scamming, the "Paid" and "Completed" labels could be set to only be placed when accepted by the original poster and changes to a post's status can be recorded and timestamped, and there may be other things I'm missing here that need to be addressed or added, but the idea here is to give artists and non-artists an in-site tool to organize discussion or commission queues - something that'd be a unique draw for people to the site to differentiate it from all the others out there.

EDIT: The journal's poster should have the option to show the current Requested, Accepted and Paid chronologically and/or those queued in a shorthand list of icons + account names in the original post.

Someone also brought up the issue of private or embarrassing commissions. People should have the option to post to a commission journal privately, with private posts only showing to the journal owner and the poster. Private posts would still show in the relevant shorthand lists, but obscured appropriately.

For people commissioners without Weasyl accounts, the journal owner should be able to post in their own journal and give the post a name manually, or link to an account on another site (such as DA or FA) and add that post to the queue that way.
    Last edited by Arcoon; 11-02-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Another idea - make an extension, script or app that lets you cross post submissions (and possibly journals, too) from Weasyl to FA. That would go a long way toward making Weasyl it a more convenient transition to Weasyl from FA, which really only has the benefit of numbers/being established.

Um! I have a suggestion that I put up a few weeks ago and no higher-ups ever responded to it....

http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/s...Closed-Notifer

Can you guys please tell me wither or not this is plausible and possibly put it on the list...?? [:

I have no idea if anyone's still reading up on this or not, but I have a few suggestions from what I've experienced.

The search engine for starters. To me, it seems a bit too complicated when I've gone to use it, and half the time it I always get the same search results for anything I've put in. Maybe that's just me messing up with something, but as a user it seems like it should be simplified so it's a bit easier to use. I mean, the six different sections to search for what you want seems like it can be boiled down to just Search terms, Category and the rating options. Everything else just seems a bit unnecessary.

One other thing I've noticed is the separate Notification and Journal options. When I've clicked on them they both lead to the exact same screen. If that's the case, I don't understand why there's two different buttons that do the same thing. Wouldn't it be easier to just have a Notifications option?

I don't know if anyone else has thought this way, but it's just something I've noticed during my time here.