Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Common Suggestions List

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Fiz

Common Suggestions List

Just a list I compiled of common suggestions that our user's have given us. Though, just because something is on this list, does not mean it will be implemented! Items crossed out are things that have been suggested to us but will not be implemented, reasons for such are listed at the bottom of the page.

It's probably a good idea to check this list before posting a new suggestion thread to see if your idea is already on here or not.

REGARDING SMALL/SQUARE THUMBNAILS:

Quoting aden from later in this thread:

Re: thumbnails, don't worry guys, we're not ignoring you! Changing these over to full previews (yes, non-square) is a component of another effort that we'll hopefully get out to you in the near future. Really sorry about the lack of feedback from our end regarding this
    So we would appreciate it if you stopped making new threads about thumbnails seeing as this is being taken care of in the future. Thanks.

Suggestions That Have Been Implemented!

• Being able to login from more than one machine or browser
    • Show friends/following/followers on userpage with option to turn these off or on
    • Automatic Link Parsing
    • Invites additions (how many you have left, when they refill)
    • Streamlined submission inbox (not having to go to a new page to manage your submission messages)
    • Nuke all button
    • Select all button that isn't the invert selection button
    • Full view button and/or clicking image expands it
    • Filename system change for download (so it shows username and submission name/original file name)
    • Edit submission option
    • Submissions show in root folder even if they're in a subfolder.
    • Edit submission file for characters
    • Characters viewable on front page
    • Streaming function is easier to find (maybe it's own option outside of settings, or a button)
    • Custom timer option for people who forget to turn off streams
    • Choosing own featured submission rather than defaulting to most recent (implemented with folder options)
    • Preview button for descriptions on all submissions and journals (added with markdown)
    • Contact info fields actually showing up on userpage
    • Custom fields for Commissions/Trades/Requests instead of "closed, open, etc."
    • Critique wanted submissions have a badge on the submission page stating so (not a banner but there is now text)
    • Scraps feature/folder (implemented with folder options)
    • Featuring collection to user's front page (implemented with profile thumbnail bar displays… under profile settings)
    • Ability to hide/delete shouts/comments
    • Tagging History
    • Tag change alerts
    • Title/username under thumbnail
    • "More in folder" shows images in sequential order rather than random
    • Larger filesize upload limit

General:

• Logging in redirects to previous page before login
    • User database
    • User search
    • Available for commissions/trades search
    • "View more" for Critique wanted
    • Browsing for Critique Wanted submissions
    • Being able to hide Commissions/Trades/Requests text from userpage
    • Space on userpage for an ID
    • Field on your page for an "artists info" space, separate from "profile" field
    • Major improvements to groups (groups are in a WIP so basically everything needs fixing, so I won't be specific with these)
    • Easier Next and Back buttons on submissions (that isn't just the "more in folder" field)
    • Pop up for log-out ("are you sure you want to log out?") to keep from misclicking log out
    • Specific followers settings to pop up after a user is followed
    • Option to enable/disable people from adding you to their Friend's list
    • When adding someone as a friend you get asked if you wish to follow them as well
    • More search functions including tag alerts, searching for keywords inside submission descriptions, showing how many submissions showed up in search, artist search
    • Fix/reminder to refresh cache on new banner/icon uploads
    • Add a BBcode bar for easy access***
    • NSFW/SFW toggle
    • Ability to disable comments on submissions/journals/characters/shout page
    • Ability to deactivate or hide account
    • Different language selections

Message Center related:

• Submission stacking (all submissions by one user going into its own stack for viewing)
    • Inbox/Outbox overhaul (ordering, folders, deletion, importance markers, etc.)
    • Message center numbers updating properly (this is a bug I'm sure but putting it here regardless)
    • Option to get e-mails when you get new items in your inbox/submission inbox

Submission related:

• Update for full view: Ability to enable or disable automatic full view
    • Upload other file types for literary (.doc, .docx, etc.) [somewhat added, .pdf and google docs have been added, but still no .doc]
    • Upload more file types in regards to music (.midi, .ogg, etc.)
    • Scroll bar on descriptions
    • Auto tag complete
    • "Official" and "Suggested" Tags
    • Smart tagging
    • Mass/bulk uploading
    • Import submissions from other sites function*
    • Non-square thumbnails
    • Bigger thumbnails
    • Add Creative Commons License option
    • Option to disable downloads of submissions**
    • Something to show on thumbnails or scrollover if a submission is an image/literary/multimedia file
    • Ability to upload program tools such as custom brushes, etc.

Folders related:

• Custom folder thumbnails
    • Being able to have one image in multiple folders
    • Custom ordering of folders on page
    • Ability for more sub-folders in current sub-folders
    • Folders for favorites and collections
    • Being able to re-order submissions manually within a folder

Character related:

• Being able to upload more than one image to a character page
    • Custom fields for additional info (on the lines of weight, height etc. type fields)

Collections related:

• Being able to request an image to collection
    • Allowing characters to be placed into collections
    • Folders for collections

Commissions related:

• Example field
    • Adding 'hourly wage' field as a choice if users do not use a flat rate
    • Descriptions field for each commission class
    • Custom ordering of commission classes without defaulting to alphabetical
    • Commission opened/closed notification system

Streaming Notifications related:

• "View more" for Streaming Now in order of earliest starting streams

* We don't want Weasyl to have an official tool that scrapes other sites without their permission. However, other sites are free to export their data in a Weasyl-compatible format, or users are free to use a scraper to make it.
    ** Disabling downloads will not keep users from using other means to download the media they want.

*** No BBCode bar will be implemented since we are mostly switching to Markdown
    qu
    Last edited by Fiz; 03-17-2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: update

Weasyl
    Temrin
    not sure if we should respond to this if we have things that arent suggested. So feel free to delete this post.

Perhaps having the option to have the "let other edit your image tags" be a "per submission" thing and not a whole site preference.

Weasyl
    Ceowolf
    Not sure if we should be suggesting more things here, and like Temrin said feel free to delete this if so.

General:
    -group search / database
    -groups page to profile
    -profile optional setting to link to a character
    -stats; like joined date, number of submissions, journals, views, etc and the option to have it displayed or not
    -events / calender (find out what conventions or things your favorite artist, friends, etc is going to!)
    -email notifications and options
    -sfw mode

Submission related:
    -auto tag complete, as you type a word for a tag it comes up with possible tags (keeps people using the same or similar tags)
    -mass upload (like from a zip or something)
    -option to allow or disable guest access (block non users from viewing your submissions)

Commissions related:
    -having commission categories be drop down menus with option to expand all
    -being able to set how many open slots you have

Also a little random thing that's kinda fun I have seen a couple sites implement it and ties into the stats I guess. It would be achievements, although I could understand not doing it as it could lead to people just throwing random things on to get the achievements lol.
    Last edited by Ceowolf; 10-21-2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: added sfw mode
    Durp wolf is durp!

Along with the edit submission being able to notify followers as well as anyone who faved the piece that was updated or changed.

Edit: I noticed that you can block/filter out your own submissions, I think this should be changed to only block filtered tags for other users.
    Edit Edit: An easier way to remove/delete tag filters. Maybe double clicking them could remove them or drag-n-drop to a trash can icon or whatever.
    Last edited by RadioCatastrophe; 10-21-2012 at 03:19 PM.

One thing that I think is really needed in galleries is a Next and Back button when viewing the submissions. Maybe I am entirely blind, and it is there - but if it is it seems awfully hidden. When I find an artist I like, I love to view their gallery one by one, but I can't seem to do that here without always going back and forth.

Weasyl
    Ceowolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    One thing that I think is really needed in galleries is a Next and Back button when viewing the submissions. Maybe I am entirely blind, and it is there - but if it is it seems awfully hidden. When I find an artist I like, I love to view their gallery one by one, but I can't seem to do that here without always going back and forth.
    bottom right there should be something that says More in Folder "Commissions" (or whichever folder) and there is a back and forward with a couple imgs to go back and forward by
    Durp wolf is durp!

For Streaming: Could we have a link to view all active streams instead of only four? (Or I assume that's all it shows. Haven't seen more, and the names shift.)

I totally get not wanting to spam the main page with them all, but like the viewing more submissions there should be an option for streaming. It's getting popular and I really enjoy watching people. Yes, you get notified if you are watching, but what if you don't have someone watched?

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralloonx View Post
    For Streaming: Could we have a link to view all active streams instead of only four? (Or I assume that's all it shows. Haven't seen more, and the names shift.)

I totally get not wanting to spam the main page with them all, but like the viewing more submissions there should be an option for streaming. It's getting popular and I really enjoy watching people. Yes, you get notified if you are watching, but what if you don't have someone watched?
    I already have that on the list:

"View more" for Critique wanted and Streaming Now

Weasyl
    foxboyprower
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post

Folders related:

• Custom folder thumbnails
    • Being able to have one image in multiple folders
    • Custom ordering of folders on page
    • Choosing own featured submission rather than defaulting to most recent
    • Folders for favorites and collections
    I definitely want these changes implemented. It's the biggest thing that disappoints me about furaffinity. If even the folders for favorites are made, the site will have a big advantage over FA. After a while, favorites pile up and organization is a big problem. So yeah. This is one more request for these features.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet! but it would be nice to have a system that asks you if you truly wish to sign in/sign out follow/unfollow friend/unfriend rather then just having to click once to do so.

This will really help those who use a itouch or any other kind of touch pad from making constant silly mistakes!