PDA

View Full Version : A submission suggestion for the site!

FoxietheWindragon
10-12-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been posted, but just in case I wanted to suggest something for the website.

When going through new submissions from people you watch, I think there should be a "select-all" and "de-select all" option, so you don't have to click through each and every submission to remove them.

Also, regarding submissions, the option to select which ones to remove should be on the page once you click on the icon for "new submissions". It seems kind of silly to click on that icon, and then click "Manage new submissions" to have them removed.

So yeah, hope this is a suggestion that will be implemented. :)

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that a delete feature for PM's on the main site would be great!

Temrin
10-12-2012, 03:47 PM
The "Invert Selection" is a select all/De-select all.

Bitcoon
10-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Invert selection doesn't select or deselect all if you were, say, selecting a bunch of things but decided you just wanted all of them selected.

There's a remove all option on comments and other notifications so one on submissions is bound to show up, I assume.

Draikyr
10-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Select/De-select all would be nice to have. It's more of the intuitive approach approach.
Invert Selection falls short when someone has selected items on the page and possibly decides to wipe all of the items at once.
For example, using selections to mark what journals or items you've viewed that are of interest, then wanting to remove all the items on the page afterwards.

Another possible solution is drag-and-drop selection, similar to how DeviantArt allows users to select items. (I'm a fan of their notification system for the most part.)
Drag to select and click off to the side to deselect, exactly the same way modern operating systems work, with the ability to select all and so forth.

Samael
10-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Also, regarding submissions, the option to select which ones to remove should be on the page once you click on the icon for "new submissions". It seems kind of silly to click on that icon, and then click "Manage new submissions" to have them removed.

Goodness gracious, this this this. It feels like having to jump through an extra hoop when I feel I'm already on a page dedicated to managing my submissions. Is there really a need to have a page that lets you look at submissions and an additional page that lets you do the same and manage submissions at the same time? Why not just skip to the second page?