PDA

View Full Version : Submissions, AUP Question: Since you can embed youtube/vimeo videos...

kingcrowned
10-11-2012, 09:01 PM
...does it have to be flash or animation? I'm curious about this because it doesn't say. I also never got to post any videos yet, so I'm unsure if it's like embedding-embedding or if it's just audio or what. But hypothetically does that mean that we could do the following and embed it as a multimedia submission to Weasyl:

- Record ourselves singing or playing an instrument
- Record ourselves dancing, or acting, or doing some sort of review/parody show
- Record a demonstration tutorial (whether it's IRL or a desktop capture)

Sorry if I'm being dumb here, I was just curious and wondered if it was possible and wasn't sure where to post it. U uU;

Prawst
10-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Multimedia was the name assigned to the video format arts that are portrayed on the site that depict or demonstrate a form of expression.

Uploading flash and animation, for example an adobe flash or a animation demoreel via a youtube embedded link are fine. But through multimedia submissions you can also post videos demonstrating yourself playing an instrument, dancing, doing a comedy skit, a how-to on expression (IE: teaching a dance move, demonstrating how to model a bridge in Maya or showing photoshop and art techniques and the like) or really anything artistic so long as the video is depicting something related to creative expression that you have done. Considering people are already permitted to upload art tutorials in two-dimensional format, a video format is fine too!

If you have any questions on what you are allowed to post under multimedia, please don't hesitate to let us know!

kingcrowned
10-12-2012, 12:44 AM
:> Thanks Prawst! That answers my question perfectly. I was wondering because I'd made a tutorial for super-newbiesi on how to install and create custom brush settings and the like. I wasn't to post it, but I really wasn't sure!

Also, would something like a podcast or a voice meme be okay? The podcast seems like it would be a little more in line with the comedy skit, but I'm unsure about the voice meme.

Prawst
10-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Oh, not a problem! It's a pretty open platform and that tutorial idea is exactly what I had in mind, haha.

A podcast would be totally fine, especially if relating to art practice or any of the fandoms immediately related to Weasyl or to an art form like film or videogames and whatnot. A voice meme, not too sure however. Something like that can easily be done elsewhere like say, http://www.vocaroo.com and posted in a thread on the forums. Other than that I can only see it clogging the system unless it were like "Practice these chords for 10 minutes, post result" or "make a song with this string of 1 word replies to this topic." Again, that could be accomplished more easily with vocaroo posts in a thread on the forums.

:3

kingcrowned
10-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Ahh yes, that makes sense. The voice meme I was thinking of was along the lines of, "Answer these ten questions for people to get an idea of your voice and personality" type thing. Maybe if the meme was more fandom or art oriented as to open discussion, that would make more sense? Either way I'll probably avoid posting any voice meme type thing.

Thanks again Prawst!

Prawst
10-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Alright! Well even that I'd say is something better put in a forum thread, not only because I fear it may clog up the multimedia section, but because I feel it would be a whole lot less confusing for all those participating in the meme to have it all in one place rather than through separate submissions!

Haha, no problem.