PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Downtime and Maintenance

Kihari
10-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Hello everyone,

The Weasyl beta site will be down for the remainder of this week and through the weekend while we migrate to a new server and replace our existing server software, which has proven not sufficiently robust enough for our needs.

All existing data uploaded to the site remains intact, and will be available again upon the site's return. Any yet unsent invitations will also be resolved at this time.

We expect to take the duration of the planned weekend downtime, in addition to this unexpected downtime, to resolve these and other reported issues. We apologize for the inconvenience.

---

UPDATE: We are back up and are currently monitoring the results of some changes that were made.

Verona
10-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Take your time! Better spend time to fix anything so it will be alright. Then do anything quick and fast and that anything goes wrong.

Vampirekitty
10-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Kay. I look forward to it coming back. Though I'm a bit curious. If this downtime is for server switching does that mean there is a possibility invites will be re-enabled after it? Or is that something different from switching hosts ?

Tiger
10-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Kay. I look forward to it coming back. Though I'm a bit curious. If this downtime is for server switching does that mean there is a possibility invites will be re-enabled after it? Or is that something different from switching hosts ?

Are you referring to beta people getting their invites?

All existing data uploaded to the site remains intact, and will be available again upon the site's return. Any yet unsent invitations will also be resolved at this time.

Or users being able to send beta invites to other people? That, I have no idea about it.

Ryunohito
10-11-2012, 10:57 PM
well this will give me some time to draw up new content to upload to the site when it comes back online ;D

Kihari
10-11-2012, 11:46 PM
UPDATE: We are back up and are currently monitoring the results of some changes that were made.

Nordana
10-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Well that was fast. Keep up the good work!... Just don't break a finger over us ok? :3

Unburnt Daenerys
10-12-2012, 10:51 AM
That was fast! Does this mean the weekend downtime is canceled?

Fiz
10-12-2012, 03:42 PM
That was fast! Does this mean the weekend downtime is canceled?

No, weekend maintenance is still happening. This was just a little unexpected bump in the road that wasn't related to the planned downtime.