PDA

View Full Version : Character Page Suggestion

RadioCatastrophe
10-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Just thought I'd put this out there... Dunno how many others feel about this but I'd like to see the users being able to add custom rows and columns for certain types of information. Adding everything that isn't already asked when you first create your characters page sorts stretches the page in a bad way and I think adding some more columns of either preset information boxes or custom fields allowing us to add a title and the information needed for that field would be great!

It's also be great if we could have the option to "Credit" people who have helped either to develop the character or did the artwork for it, all of the submissions (that you're forced to upload) I've uploaded to my characters pages are made by another artist and since as of yet there's no way of pulling a submission from a collection (and not every artist ever commissioned is here) there's no way of properly crediting them. So being able to either just have a field to credit someone or having that as well as an optional field when making the thumbnail to add an artists name and a link to their page would be a nice touch. :3

hadri
10-12-2012, 05:00 PM
I like all of these ideas -- especially the credit idea! A lot of my character's art is done by other people, and I'd really like to have a specific slot for that to go on the character sheets. c:

Temrin
10-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I definitely agree

GingerM
10-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Fourthing this! I don't know how the character information database is structured, but it should be possible to allow up to, say, 10 custom fields for each character? Personally I'm okay with having 1 picture that's part of the character information, but it would be nice to be able to link some more pictures - say, 5, which would be shown at the bottom of the character info as thumbnails linking to images in the user's gallery or collections?

RadioCatastrophe
10-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Thumbnails would be a nice touch, possibly instead of the bottom maybe underneath the main submission? I notice a lot of artists over look thumbnails/galleries, and especially text describing the character or going in detail about them (I say this because I always have to remind someone to READ Radio's character page and not go completely off her ref since it's out of date).

GingerM
10-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Thumbnails would be a nice touch, possibly instead of the bottom maybe underneath the main submission? ...

Sorry - that's what I meant. I think you and I are thinking of the same general layout - main character picture at the top, "vital stats" fields (including x number of customizable fields) below the pic (maybe a single stack, maybe 2 wide or 3 wide, who knows?), text description below vitals, then x number of thumbnail links to other art of the character at the bottom.

Bornes
10-17-2012, 12:16 AM
I don't really have anything to add here except that I agree with everything previously mentioned in this thread. x3