PDA

View Full Version : Changing submission file not working?

FeyPhoenix
04-15-2016, 09:50 AM
Hello,

I was just recently trying to update a reference on one of my character pages, but no matter how many times I attempt to change it, it remains the same. I select the file and choose "Reupload file" and it just brings me back to the character page with the exact same image as before.

I thought maybe it just takes a few moments to refresh, but it has been about fifteen minutes with no change.

Am I doing something wrong or is the function not working as intended at the moment?

Lime_Flv_Dragon
04-15-2016, 10:23 AM
It takes much longer than 15 minutes, unfortunately. If you click the image and you see the new reference, all you have do is wait.

Noxid
04-15-2016, 10:28 AM
there's a flaw in how character images are stored right now, that causes issues with cacheing for some people. Basically the filename of the image doesn't change when you reupload it, so certain things inbetween our site and your computer (namely cloudflare) don't realize it's a different file and continue to serve you the same image. If you click the image on your character page it should take you to the submission file, which does have a different name and should show the change.
Apologies for any confusion this may have caused, it's on our radar for "things to fix"

FeyPhoenix
04-15-2016, 12:52 PM
If you click the image on your character page it should take you to the submission file, which does have a different name and should show the change.
Apologies for any confusion this may have caused, it's on our radar for "things to fix"

Err, I actually did this, but I still get the same old image :x

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, but never mind. It just updated the image finally. Still, the solution you offered did not work in this instance, just so you know. When I clicked on the image to view, it still gave me the old image.