PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] BUG - Can't remove tags which were added during upload

SuburbanFox
10-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I added a few tags to a photo I uploaded... now I want to remove one of them. Problem is, if I remove the offending tag from the list, I get this wonderful message:

Whoops! You cannot remove tags that have been added by the artist.

Submission URL: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/5887

Looks to me like the only way to fix this is delete the submission and re-upload it with the correct tag set...

Fiz
10-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Go to settings, site preferences and see if "Prevent other users from removing tags I place on my content " is checked or not. If it is, uncheck it and try removing tags then.

I think the tag removal prevention has an oversight and doesn't check to see if you are the submission owner. This indeed needs to be fixed if that is what is happening.

If you still can't fix the tags, give me the submission and what tags you want on it and I'll fix it for you. You can do it through PM or post it here.

SuburbanFox
10-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks, Fiz - it looks like the issue is as you described - tag removal prevention isn't checking to see if the currently logged-in user is the same as the submission owner (despite the name of the Site Prefs option implying that).
If I turn off "prevent other users from using my tags", I can delete the offending tag (which, in this case, I've done successfully). Thanks for the workaround!

Fiz
10-09-2012, 04:29 PM
You're welcome! Keeping the thread open because this is still something that needs fixed.

If anyone else has this problem, just use the work-around method I posted above to get around it for now.

Kihari
10-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Should be fixed without the need for a work-around now, thank you for reporting