PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Color change in image after upload

floe
10-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Hey guys, I noticed that after I uploaded an image, the hues in the greens changed dramatically. You can see in my screenshot of the Windows Photo Viewer on the right vs Weasyl's page on the left:

http://i.imgur.com/rUsYT.jpg

....that it's way too green on Weasyl! Just a heads up, and wondering if this is an isolated case.

- - - Updated - - -

....Huh, it does the same thing on FA. Maybe it's an compression issue. Woop. Sorry, I am a dum.

Judicant
10-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Hiya.

I think what it might be is in your image the color profile is 'undefined' (and to be clear, I will probably be using all the wrong terminology in this post). Because of this, programs will supply a color profile. The one that Windows Photo Viewer uses and the one that Chrome uses are a bit different.

It's a problem I've run into in the past, although I've never seen it be quite so different. o.o

What you can do is, in whatever program you use to draw, see if there's a 'Save for Web' option somewhere. This will usually supply the image with a color profile, and keep it looking consistent everywhere.

I hope this will work for you. (And honestly, I could be completely wrong, but I thought I'd see if this would help anyway. :P)