PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Web Site not optimized

scooby
10-08-2012, 04:19 PM
doing a normal benchmark on this website graded this web site with a grade of D. main problem is all cache settings not used at all or properly. site seems to use gzip or decomprese but there is no config for it to work properly. This will kill the site very quickly. with out these proper settings bandwith will be much higher also resulting in slower load times with higher load.

McWatt
10-08-2012, 10:36 PM
This might possibly be because the website is in beta and has been up for like, less than a week. Give them a break.

Ikani
10-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Beta means finding and fixing bugs. This is a good report to have, though details on what benchmark was run would be better. >.>

RX-149Dragonite
10-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Cool story, bro.

Ben
10-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll do what we can to rectify this.

GreenReaper
10-09-2012, 09:12 AM
This is the one I brought up earlier (http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?714-Performance-suggestions-%28gzip-image-caching-and-scaling%29) (which contains a link to the Google Page Speed tool, giving lots of hints).

scooby
10-10-2012, 06:15 PM
I love google and all but it doesnt always help if your not sure what a item is and also dosnt give you a "score". i use www.webpagetest.org (http://www.webpagetest.org/result/121010_5F_NGB/) it really helps you break it down and gives you a good graph to break down what the problem is. Also sure it was brought up before it looks like there's no A record on DNS

- - - Updated - - -

This might possibly be because the website is in beta and has been up for like, less than a week. Give them a break.
yes and im only given them pointers to help them out. Thats the whole point of Beta. Users try it out and tell admins the problems before the site is fully open.

GreenReaper
10-10-2012, 06:36 PM
It does, actually. It this case, the score is 56 of 100. It's the first body text on the page.

If you're not sure what a particular item is, the "Learn more" links can be useful, though a search or two is usually required to find out exactly what changes to make.