PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Bbbcode Notes - FYI

GingerM
10-08-2012, 02:41 PM
I decided to do a bit of testing to see which bbcode functions work and which don't, with the following results. These were tested by posting a journal using the codes, so it's possible some of them may work in submission details but not elsewhere?

Working
[ color ][ /color ] - works using hex codes to define colour. Does not work using standard web-safe colour names, with or without quotes around the colour name.
[ b ][ /b ]- bold; [ i ][ /i ]- italic, - [ u ][ /u ]underline and [ s ][ /s ]strikethrough
[ sup ][ /sup ] - superscripted text and [ sub][ /sub ] subscripted text
[ left ][ /left ] - align left, [ center ][ /center ] - center and [ right ][ /right ] align right

[ quote ][/ quote ], including using attribution (e.g., [ quote=Gingerm ][ /quote ]) works. Nested quotes work.

[ url ][ /url ] - enclosing a URL to appear in URL form, e.g. [ url ]http://www.somewebsite.com[ /url ]
[ url=url ]link text[ /url ]
Relative urls:
/profile/username, also /~username
/submission/submissionsIDnumber
/journal/journalIDnumber
/character/characterIDnumber
These all work in the [url] tags above.

Not Working
[ c ] - copyright, [ r ] - registered, [ tm ] - trademark and [ at ] - @
[ yt ][ /yt ] - YouTube embedding

Question - will there be something the equivalent of FA's :iconusername:, :linkusername:, :usernameicon:?

Ben
10-08-2012, 02:51 PM
The equivalent for icons is , and . Video embedding should be working though, I'll ask Kihari what's going on there.

GingerM
10-08-2012, 03:38 PM
The equivalent for icons is , and . Video embedding should be working though, I'll ask Kihari what's going on there.

Thank you for the quick response! I didn't know about those tags, so I've updated my test journal with them. I've never used YouTube embedding; it's entirely possible I'm using the tag incorrectly? Here's the test journal, if you wish to have a look:
https://www.weasyl.com/journal/2169

Are there any plans to have the color tags working with web-standard colour names?