PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Images

GingerM
10-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Two things - for some reason my images are being resized? I uploaded one that was 1280 x 1280; the file size was just over 500 kb. However it appears to have been resized to 600 x 600? https://www.weasyl.com/submission/2402

Another one; the original was 960 x 1280 and now it's 464 x 600: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/2627

I noticed one was marked as a .cover.png when I viewed the file directly, maybe I messed up and uploaded it somehow as a story cover?

Second, I have a couple of images I needed to fix minor errors, but there doesn't appear to be any way to change the image file associated with a submission. I can edit the submission details and the thumbnail only. Do I have to delete the old submission completely and re-upload?

ETA: Regarding the size issue, never mind; I has the derp. I also saw the discussion of what would be a suitable default preview size in another thread and realized I'd made an idiot of myself. That still leaves the question of being able to associate a new image upload with an existing submission, so that it's not necessary to completely re-submit when fixing a piece of art?

taasla
10-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Weasyl seems to automatically resize and then you have to hit download to get the full version.

GingerM
10-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Weasyl seems to automatically resize and then you have to hit download to get the full version.

Derpy derp derp... thank you :)

Samael
10-09-2012, 04:04 PM
This seems like a bad idea. I mean, if I want to read a comic, say, I'd rather just read it then and there, I don't want to have to download it and fiddle around. It seems kind of counter-intuitive to have the website and then not be able to actually get a decent view of the image on it. Is a "Full View" Button out of the question? I mean, download takes you to a new page of the full view image and doesn't force you to download it so, wouldn't it at least make sense to call it Full View or perhaps expand the image on the page?

Fiz
10-09-2012, 04:11 PM
This seems like a bad idea. I mean, if I want to read a comic, say, I'd rather just read it then and there, I don't want to have to download it and fiddle around. It seems kind of counter-intuitive to have the website and then not be able to actually get a decent view of the image on it. Is a "Full View" Button out of the question? I mean, download takes you to a new page of the full view image and doesn't force you to download it so, wouldn't it at least make sense to call it Full View or perhaps expand the image on the page?

Agreeing here. We really could use a Full View button or something that at least expands the image on the same page. It makes perfect sense to have this feature.

GingerM
10-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Agreeing here. We really could use a Full View button or something that at least expands the image on the same page. It makes perfect sense to have this feature.

I think Samael hit the nail on the head - the "Download" button's functionality at the moment is more of a "Full Size" anyway. Maybe just re-label the button?

Samael
10-09-2012, 09:09 PM
I'd rather see that download automatically open a download of the full sized version automatically and a Full Size button or, at least, an Increased Size button expand the image within the page. If sorta feels weird that getting a Full Size version of the picture should take you away from the website and interaction and such.

Rooc
10-10-2012, 05:19 PM
I feel that it defeats the purpose of an art site to not display art at its full size, or at least offer a full-view option/button/toggle. I do find it inconvenient to have to "download" an image, having it take me to another page entirely (where I have to then go back to make a comment/favorite/etc.), to really appreciate the size and detail of an image.

For example; DeviantART has an option that you can check in your settings whether or not an image is automatically full-view or not (I think that may be for premium users now, I'm not sure), and even then you can just click on the image itself to toggle between full-view and small view without being taking to another page. And FurAffinity re-sizes the image without making it tiny on-site (I think its max. size is 1280x1280, anything bigger is re-sized to at least that) and has the same toggle view that DA has via clicking the image on-site.