PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Title/Author bleeds over n hover

Morphology
10-08-2012, 11:29 AM
There's a minor cosmetic issue with the hover over images that have really long titles. If the title is really long, the by -user- gets pushed off of the hover graphic onto the page.

https://www.weasyl.com/submissions?userid=1026&folderid=2038

Here you can see it on my "Four Horsemen" entry. The title is so large that it pushes the artist name off the graphic.

Aden
10-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Ah, I see. I'll get that on my list. Problem with cutting stuff off is that there's no easy way to do multi-line truncation in CSS...you think it'd look okay to put the artist name before the title (so if the title's really long the artist's name is still visible anyway)?

Morphology
10-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Ah, I see. I'll get that on my list. Problem with cutting stuff off is that there's no easy way to do multi-line truncation in CSS...you think it'd look okay to put the artist name before the title (so if the title's really long the artist's name is still visible anyway)?

Regardless of which comes first, there will still be the bleed, so I dunno. It's just a minor nitpicky cosmetic thing. XD

coolcat007
01-06-2014, 07:52 PM
When the title of a journal is really long, the thumbnails break when hovering it and afterwards hovering over the thumbnail above it. The text that didn't fit in the thumbnail at first is now visible on it's thumbnail, even though the mouse isn't hovering above it anymore.

coolcat007
01-19-2014, 08:47 PM
I'd say make the font a bit smaller for long titles and cut the title off with ... if it gets too long

TealMoon
01-19-2014, 08:55 PM
I haven't noticed this, though judging by the original date of this thread I take it that this is a resolved issue.

Runefox
01-19-2014, 09:38 PM

I'd say something like...

<submission title within an overflow:hidden + display:block span of fixed height of 400% line-height>

<1 line-height's worth of padding between>

<author in an overflow:hidden + display:block span with fixed height of 200% line-height>

Resulting in something like this

http://home.runefox.net/wzl-thumbs.png

(note: I don't have a copy of the font used on the Weasyl site; The TTF linked in the CSS file appears corrupt)