PDA

View Full Version : The image you uploaded was unable to be decoded.

Wolf-Bone
10-13-2015, 03:53 AM
what does that message even mean and why do i get it every time i try to submit this MP3 i recorded? or do they literally mean it's mandatory to select a cover image and thumbnail? if that's the case, um, could it not just say that? i seriously doubt it's a problem with my file if it plays on the device it was recorded on, the computer i uploaded it to, the media player i tested it on, um, the car stereo I ported it too??? like I've gone looking for ways this file might be fucked. It's not.

grassfed
10-13-2015, 04:03 AM
are you trying to embed an mp3 using the image embedding feature? or is this something on the main site?

Wolf-Bone
10-13-2015, 04:40 AM
im trying to upload it directly from the PC. before that I was doing it off the dictating machine i recorded it on and thought maybe the fact it was on there was part of it. but then at this point it would not surprise me one bit if the device itself did something to the files to make it impossible to upload them because it's Sony and Sony are cunts about their copyright protection and covering their asses legally so i could see them doing something like that so you couldnt take it to concert and "pirate the concert". there's not a single god damned device or site that isn't going to make you jump through about a billion hoops just to get/share some fucking content anymore is there.

Noxid
10-13-2015, 01:02 PM
I looked into the issue and it seems to be choking when you don't supply a cover image OR thumbnail.
If you upload it and provide something for it to use as a cover image then it will also try to use that for a thumbnail. Otherwise you can provide something to use for the thumbnail directly. But you need to have at least one or the other. I don't think this is intentional but until it's fixed you'll have to do this.

Wolf-Bone
10-13-2015, 03:29 PM
I looked into the issue and it seems to be choking when you don't supply a cover image OR thumbnail.
If you upload it and provide something for it to use as a cover image then it will also try to use that for a thumbnail. Otherwise you can provide something to use for the thumbnail directly. But you need to have at least one or the other. I don't think this is intentional but until it's fixed you'll have to do this.

Alright, well at least one of my possible theories was right and so my pride walks away from these technical issues unscathed. Awesome. Was damn near ready to call Techxpert and having worked for Rogers, yeah, not bloody likely lol. The song is a vocal cover of a Bob Marley song so now the challenge is, Jesus, what don't I use for a thumbnail? Thanks for the help, now off to try to find a nice pic of Bob to use as a thumbnail :3