PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Unable to Use all Content Filters

PenyiarWolff
09-07-2015, 04:10 PM
To Weasyl staff:

I have no idea why, but I cannot use all the content filters. Only General and Moderate show up. Most of my works that I would want to post would need to be in the Mature filter, but I can't because they don't show up. I have a screenshot if you want to see what I am talking about, but of course "New User" limits are on me at this moment XD!
I use Chrome, if that is affecting anything. I don't think so? And I'm not about to try to log in with Internet Explorer to check. I logged in and out and that did not fix it.
If there is a solved thread somewhere that swooped under my radar that also addresses this issue, please tell me.

I am hoping it is not due to my own age. If it is, and no supposed to be like that, I guess it's a bug, but right now I just think it's a glitch on my end or something.
~Pen

EDIT: Screenshot of layout:http://tinypic.com/r/2z53ghd/8

Noxid
09-07-2015, 04:15 PM
If your age is below 18, then you're restricted from 18+ content by design
so, that's probably it.

PenyiarWolff
09-07-2015, 04:18 PM
That seems, quite strange to be honest. I bet it's limited to coding, but I would think it would be possible to use those filters because people who are under 18 are probably drawing 18+ drawings XD. But then again, that could just be my opinion.

Noxid
09-07-2015, 04:19 PM
my understanding is that it's for legal reasons
but I don't really know the details

PenyiarWolff
09-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Ah, alright. I'll refrain from posting those arts on Weasyl until I'm 18. I basically have a little over a year to go so I should be fine.

Socks the Fox
09-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Yup. Because Weasyl is hosted in the US, they are bound by US law to deny M/A content to individuals under 18 years of age, even if the individuals are not in the US.

piņardilla
09-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Yup. Because Weasyl is hosted in the US, they are bound by US law to deny M/A content to individuals under 18 years of age, even if the individuals are not in the US.

And even if it's your own content, as odd as that may seem. They'd never think to write such an exception into the law.