PDA

View Full Version : What activities should a fur club do?

CrazyLee
09-02-2015, 08:50 PM
A while back some furs I know started a college club for furries.

Problem is, they're not exactly sure WHAT a furry club should do. And certain club leaders are expecting members like me just to magically figure out activities we can do.

A yiff pile? Murry purry stuff? Circle jerks? I dunno.

Thing is the club feels more like a bunch of furry friends, or furs that just happen to hang out together, than an actual formal club. And it's a bit harder to set down what exactly brings furs together that can be used in a club setting. For instance, gamers like games, so a club can be for people to have a space to play games together (there is actually a club at the college like this, though it's mostly tabletop gaming). An anime club can be a place for fans to get together and watch anime together or something.

Anyone have any kind of ideas of what a formal furry club could do once a week? I am uncreative as crap so I can't think of much, but will welcome suggestions. I fully expect some snark answers and will take them as they come.

Noxid
09-02-2015, 09:12 PM
well it's a bit nebulous and hard to find something that everyone will like
maybe you should poll your friends about what they'd be interested in, and get a bunch of answers like "I dunno" and "video games I guess"

but as far as suggestions, you could do things like:
- watch shitty cartoons
- play appropriately-themed games like werewolf or furoticon
- hack furaffinity
- gossip
- roll around in a puddle of goo
- bake a cake
- go to the park and enjoy the fresh air and try to keep people from hurting themselves
- touch each other's butts

as you can see there are many possibilities

Viciviser
09-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Oh man, I can't resist. Most of these are gonna be fake.

Obsess over animal mascots for sports teams and cereal boxes.

Do a Rule 34: What's the best art you've seen of _________ character? What's the worst?

Terrorize animals by imitating them and telling them over and over that you are one of their kind.

Show and tell: Bring your sex toys. Furry themed sex toys are bonus points.

Arts and crafts + Activity: See what you can launch after making jockstrap slingshots!

Buy a bunch of stuffed animals, destroy them, and put them back together Frankenstein style to make them look like Five Nights at Freddy's animatronic horrors. Then fantasize for hours about them raping you.

Go door-to-door with pamphlets about how awesome it is to be furry. Proselytize. If they want to yiff, you can assimilate them.

Oh... maybe all of them are fake. But I cannot express how much I had fun writing these.

- - - Updated - - -

OH! A real one.

If your club is nerdy enough you can always play D&D or Pathfinder with all anthropomorphized animal characters. Like Kitsune, Tanuki, Catfolk, Lizardfolk, Kobolds, Gnolls, and so on.

Eagle GodHeart
09-03-2015, 08:20 AM
well you could possibly have liek anthro drawing contests, go around trying to find anthro games, music, etc. you could go around town in your fursuits (if you have them) and freak every one out. i mean the possibilities are endless, you just gotta look around.

Oly
09-03-2015, 09:42 AM
You could make it your goal to stalk one other club per week and just kinda

not like interfere with them or do anything malicious or untoward, but not try to hide or anything either

just sorta be there and hang out.

just rotate through the other clubs. it'll be a grand old time. and I'm actually suggesting this for real, if ya'll aren't doing anything better, hell maybe you'll all stumble upon an idea you like.

Also second to playing some pen and paper. There's tons of fun systems out there if you don't want to use DND.

I've always wanted to adapt my own version of gurps/special for something and maybe write a campaign, actually.

Viciviser
09-03-2015, 04:38 PM
but as far as suggestions, you could do things like:
- watch shitty cartoons
- touch each other's butts
as you can see there are many possibilities

Pretty sure these three are given in any amount of furries getting together. Especially the butt touching. Let's not forget other fun activities like glomping, boob-hatting, and slapping people with your tail.

Eagle GodHeart
09-04-2015, 08:40 AM
slapping people with your tail.

not so much a game/hobbie as somthing you simply cant avoid

LazerMaster5
09-04-2015, 09:58 AM
Vidya gaems. Furreh vidya gaems. Sanic. Mayro Krat. Stair Fax.

CrazyLee
09-04-2015, 07:29 PM
I actually have Werewolf, I was trying to get them to do it but they kept getting distracted by yammering and bickering like 10 year olds. Hard to deal with college kids that act like they're in elementary.

- hack furaffinity
Hah. Who hasn't?

You forgot murrpile.

rbartrop
09-04-2015, 08:13 PM
It's an art-centric fandom, so drawing is an obvious choice. Show some anthro theme films, Talk comics. Tabletop RPGs can be a great way to socialize, and there are a few out there with an anthro theme.

maugryph
09-04-2015, 08:48 PM
You could just chat.

Or play board games.

Mabye draw stuff.

Perhaps make a furpile..

Cause the Rat
09-04-2015, 10:17 PM
You could play deer hunter. Tie a fursuiter up by the ankles and cut em out of the suit!
Through a contest. Have fursuiters and gamers run in a circle. See which group passes out first!
Chase cars!
Chase people!
Chase complete strangers!
Call the city pound and see who they choose to capture first!
Go to a city park at night. Howl and bark at the moon!
See who can mark the most territory!
:)

A potluck and BBQ is always a good starter. If your at a privet setting everyone could bring their sketch books and share. Probably not a good idea at a public park. Have a few furries work up stories about their fursonas.

Viciviser
09-05-2015, 02:27 AM
:)

Oh man, that's a good one. Didn't think of that.

Kurk2288
09-05-2015, 02:31 AM
P8BohuZxLCU

Cause the Rat
09-06-2015, 01:42 PM
LOVED Trigger Happy. Awesome show. Great clip Kuck2288.

maugryph
09-06-2015, 05:00 PM

You just won the post.

Mei
09-06-2015, 11:43 PM
As to the OP, we have a group in my area that goes bowling in suits every month. Full, partial, ears and tail or street clothes. Im here right now :p

But yeah, just a place to meet and greet, talk, draw, etc

paroapockinroo
09-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Have a character design contest with a theme for like every week so like, "fire meets water" or something and people could design a fursona / anthro character to what they best think fit the theme! Or just do something dumb like a in character RP or pass around story

Eagle GodHeart
09-08-2015, 08:23 AM
play fox, fox, wolf.

Cause the Rat
09-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Sing 'Old McDonald had a Farm.'

GlaringFeline
09-16-2015, 08:20 PM
- hack furaffinity

Pardon me for being really late to reply to this thread.

Someone would be able to get into the site within five minutes. Hell, even Eevee said(in different wording) that FA has as many holes as Swiss cheese.

Meow
09-17-2015, 01:29 AM
Have exciting adventures with the other furs, you could do anything really! From my experiences, going camping as a group, go on a trip to somewhere fun! Just hang out at the park, at someone's house, playing boardgames, pen & paper RPGs are always great with a furry group!

maugryph
09-17-2015, 04:04 AM
Pardon me for being really late to reply to this thread.

Someone would be able to get into the site within five minutes. Hell, even Eevee said(in different wording) that FA has as many holes as Swiss cheese.

FA doesn't need a hacker to shut it down, it does it by itself. For example, what happened last week;it was down for almost an entire day because someone uploaded a thumbnail that was way to big!

Viciviser
09-17-2015, 04:56 AM
Why did I not think of this sooner!? Have your club steal your college's mascot suit. Maybe with the person in it. Yiff ensues. With or without the person.

erzyal
09-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Challenge the anime club to a weird off.

They show up with bikini girls and octopi, you come by with a mountain of yiff. Hilarity ensues.

Film the whole thing, make a huge profit.