PDA

View Full Version : The Sprawl - A Sci-fi/Horror Graphic Novel

Getta
09-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Hey everyone, I just finished the second chapter of my graphic novel "The Sprawl" and wanted to share it with the Weasyl community for thoughts and feedback. The first two chapters are about 60 pages each, so there's over 120 pages already posted for you to check out right now.

Just a heads up before someone decides to peek, expecting a family friendly "slice of life" story, the comic is a horror story in the vein of 70's/early 80's comics, so it's rather NSFW with a lot of nudity and graphic violence.

You can jump to the beginning of the comic right here. (http://drawholic.net/index.php?c=01&p=001)

At this time I post a page every Wednesday morning. The updates on the official site are automatic so they're never late. If there's ever any change to the update schedule it will be announced on the official site.

I also post to a number of galleries, but those updates are manual and there's no guarantee on punctuality.

So please take a look, let me know what you think and, if you like it, please feel free to spread the word.

Viciviser
09-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Damn, I know rabbits like to procreate, but damn that was quick. Ha ha. I've stopped at the point after Getta leaves the cave and blows it up. There's some sheep girl but I can't read the text on her intro. Too small.
I'm reading some of it. Not too bad. I like that it's sci-fi with the darker elements. There's no doubt you have a good art style. I feel bad because I can't give most comic artists the time of day simply for fear of getting invested in having something else drawing at my time when I'm already waist-deep in distractions. But I should appreciate people taking the time, effort, and discipline to make such a product.

Getta
10-07-2015, 08:30 PM
The small text on the page you're talking about is intentional. The voices are too far away to be heard. If that's where you stopped, you're at the beginning of the second LOG, which I completed over the summer. I'm now neck deep in LOG:03. It's going to be a big story, I'm aiming for about 300 pages when all of the LOGs are completed.

If I get enough reader support, even that won't be the end. This story is just a single volume in a planned series of books. I have outlines for 2-3 more 300 page volumes, and ideas for a couple more past that. But I don't want to devote that much time to the series unless I can go full time on it so I can crank out 20-30 pages a month. Otherwise I'd be at this for decades, and there's other types of stories I want to tell, too.

erzyal
10-08-2015, 01:20 AM
Ok I've read a bit now and besides loving the art + the whole concept in general I just gotta say one thing.

I notice somebody must LOVE the Indiana jones movies, Mr. In lieu of parachutes use a raft.

Still though, it is awesome. Now back to binge reading...

Getta
10-08-2015, 10:43 PM
Check the dates on those submissions.

erzyal
10-08-2015, 11:30 PM
I have serious doubts that those submissions predate Temple of Doom. Try again

Btw, I finished catching up and I like where everything is going. The orb thing reminded me of the Heavy Metal movies, which is a good thing. I always loved that concept and seeing it on a planet like that is going to be real cool. I look forward to reading more.

Getta
10-15-2015, 11:27 PM
I have serious doubts that those submissions predate Temple of Doom. Try again

Take a closer look at those submission dates.

KajTaotsu
10-16-2015, 02:25 PM
30th anniversary of the Temple of Doom movie's release =p
Idk how you planned that, but fuckin A+ dude