PDA

View Full Version : A bit at loss as to what to do here(Streaming Interface Issue)

RyuDeacon
07-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum...

Was considering broadcasting my artwork but it might seem ive come to a road block that so far no artist seems to have had.

Has anyone else ever had this issue when trying to start your very first streaming broadcast?

http://i.imgur.com/YbbzjK3.jpg

I honestly have no idea what i can do to resolve this, i certainly cannot buy a new laptop, i would never have the money any time soon. So is there some other way?
Ive tried finding that so called vista platform update but couldn't find anything that applies to my laptop which is 32 bit
I cant find any issue in directX ether considering i have version 11 installed
The only other thing would be the GPU but that does seem rather doubtful considering the fact that not a single artist on FA or here has ever noted such a thing as that preventing them from streaming now or at anytime in the past. It would be seem rather odd that i would be the first artist to ever have this issue. its not like every single artist out there streaming has a high end laptop...
Ive herd on some sites of upgrading the GPU, but what exactly would that imply considering the makers of most Laptops have pretty much made it impossible to change a single thing about the hardware for some reason.

The Laptop im using is a Sony Vaio VGN-NS11M running on Windows Vista SP2 With 3GB Ram,DirectX 11 and Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset family (display). Was using Open Broadcaster Software(OBS) since the other option offered on picarto is only compatible with windows 8...

Boxwolf
07-09-2015, 03:21 PM
Have you tried xsplit? It's another streaming program that works pretty similar and MIGHT work for you? (Unless it's the one you're talking about) Unfortunately OBS can disagree with certain computers that don't have just the right cpu or other hardware components so you may just have to try something else if nothing makes it work, sorry :c

TabbieKatt
07-09-2015, 03:24 PM
I would recommend what Box said.. find another broadcasting software because I have your exact same issue with OBS. It has to deal with the CPU/GPU component in our laptops. They're not advanced enough to fully allow DX10 to actually work enough for OBS to function. We unfortunately have laptops either a generation or two behind what OBS supports. In other words, OBS is basically saying "get a desktop with a real GPU" for lack of a better phrase.

EDIT: To add that my recommendation would be FFsplit also even if it's still in the works, it functions well enough for me usually. Xsplit is a decent alternative albeit a little annoying since most of its features are locked away and you get a nag screen unless you pay a monthly fee i think??

EDIT #2: I also don't stream on Picarto so if neither of those work, I'm sorry :C

RyuDeacon
07-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Sadly as i pointed out at the very end of my post Xsplit is not compatible at all, i would need Windows 8 for that.

What other streaming Interfaces are there, cant even check Livestream because id have to pay them nearly 200 usd monthly just to see what ever interface they have...

Edit* Same with UStream, requires a couple hundred monthly payed before i can even now for sure that it works...

skrimp
07-13-2015, 07:43 AM
I have windows 7 and I use Xsplit (the 2014 version) to stream on Picarto just fine. I read that Manycam (https://manycam.com/) now has streaming abilities.