PDA

View Full Version : How about an IRC channel on furnet?

Token
07-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Greetings everyone,

does anyone still know/use IRC on here? I assume there are a few tech-nerds among you who still actively use it! :-)
There is the huge furry IRC network called FurNet (furnet.org) run by servers all around the globe. Most communities have IRC-Channels there.

I tried to join #weasyl and saw that it was not used / not registered. I set the topic to < "Unofficial channel for www.weasyl.com! If you are an admin of Weasyl and want to make this channel official, please contact 'Token' >

That sums it up pretty well:
1) Do you want to run an official channel on furnet?
2) If yes, who from the official team wants to step up and register as the owner?
3) If no, is it allright for me to hold #weasyl including a fat 'unofficial' in the channel topic? (with the option that if any staff ever wants to step up the ownership will be transferred. Furnet Ops already contacted me and told me that this will be the default anyways)

Best wishes and hugs,
Token :3

Noxid
07-09-2015, 09:49 AM
we already have our own IRC channel on our own IRC "network" though?
https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?5953-Announcing-Weasyl-IRC!

piņardilla
07-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Noxid beat me to it. Channel? We have a server. :p

dogpencil
08-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Weasyl's IRC server needs to be easier to find... i searched "irc channel" and this post was the only relevant one in the first ten or so results

piņardilla
08-22-2015, 01:03 AM
Weasyl's IRC server needs to be easier to find... i searched "irc channel" and this post was the only relevant one in the first ten or so results

Searched using what, if I may ask? Forums search tool? Google?

Umbra_Exe
08-22-2015, 04:25 AM
Searched using what, if I may ask? Forums search tool? Google?
To be fair, searching for "IRC channel" using the forum search automatically removes "irc" from the search since the word is too short. That little feature's been a problem for me when searching for certain topics. ^^;
Here's what happens if I just search for "IRC".

http://i.imgur.com/a4s1LOy.png

Brutus
08-22-2015, 03:47 PM
There's already #lulz, just try that one instead. :sneaky: