PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Password/Email editing quirk

skrimp
07-03-2015, 07:22 PM
" The login credentials you entered were not correct. "

I keep getting this message when I submit any changes to Password/Email, though the password changes do save (I can check them by logging in with the new password), I can't get email changes to save. I'd assume there'd be an email sent to the new address for confirmation, but I haven't gotten one if that's the case. Regardless, I tried to request a lost password to check and I got " The email you entered does not appear to be valid. ". I tried again with my main emails, since I can't remember which I used originally when I first signed up, same result.

piņardilla
07-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Hello there skrimp,

My best guess as to the issue here is that there's a known problem where some browsers won't actually send a form field's contents if you fill it with an autocomplete feature (hence why changing the password worked, you can't autocomplete those). Try it again, manually typing out the email address in full, and see if it works then. If that doesn't take care of it I'll kick it up to support for you.

skrimp
07-04-2015, 07:24 PM
I manually typed in my new email address and still got the same message.

In my attempt to be extra vigilant I deleted the saved passwords for weasyl to try again. Unfortunately, my own password list wasn't the updated version, so I can't log in now and I can't get a recovery email either, because I don't know what my original signup email was ( or rather I assume I don't because the ones I enter aren't valid ) and my previous attempts to change my account email failed.

Nevermind that second half, I can log in. I'm going to try to edit my email again without saved passwords on.

Success

Thank you for dealing with my ignorance.

piņardilla
07-04-2015, 07:52 PM
I manually typed in my new email address and still got the same message.

In my attempt to be extra vigilant I deleted the saved passwords for weasyl to try again. Unfortunately, my own password list wasn't the updated version, so I can't log in now and I can't get a recovery email either, because I don't know what my original signup email was ( or rather I assume I don't because the ones I enter aren't valid ) and my previous attempts to change my account email failed.

Nevermind that second half, I can log in. I'm going to try to edit my email again without saved passwords on.

Success

Well, I can't say for sure exactly what happened there, but I'm glad it worked for you in the end!