PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Website Scaling Images bigger than Actual Size

GravityInbound
06-26-2015, 12:27 PM
First and foremost, before I upload my work I always make a copy of that work and scale it down to a more web friendly size roughly under 1,200 pixels wide and tall.

As I've been submitting my work on here I have noticed that the website automatically scales submissions up and down relative (presumably relative to your browser window). Now that's normally not a problem, however I started noticing the website is automatically scaling my work LARGER than its actual image size, which results in a noticeable loss in image clarity.

Noxid
06-26-2015, 01:58 PM
Do you have an example of this you can link?

GravityInbound
06-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Certainly.

If you look at this screenshot (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbrvzbsqxxgianw/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-26%20at%201.13.21%20PM.png?dl=0) at 100% zoom. On the left is the actual size, which is measured at about 692 pixels wide. On the right, however, is the viewed image on the actual Weasyl page, which is measuring roughly 754 pixels wide. So by this Weasyl has for some reason enlarged the image bigger than its intended size.

Noxid
06-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Curious indeed, it does look like it's showing up different on the actual page for you but I can't actually reproduce your issue - I went on your page and it looks right to me (http://i.imgur.com/2FP6zqb.png). My initial guess is that you might have some kind of accessibility setting accidentally turned on that would cause things to appear larger than they should, but the size difference is less than 10% so it doesn't make a lot of sense.

GravityInbound
06-26-2015, 02:43 PM
You know what? I just tried resetting my browser's settings and the image size went back to normal, I'm looking at my picture of Ivory again and it's at its crisp, actual size.

I had no idea my browser had some weird setting changed before that made the images bigger, my apologies for that blunder.
Thank you for the assistance though!