PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Premium Subscription Question

TotSchrei
10-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Is there any way members are going to be able to buy a premium membership?
I didn't have the money at the time to donate but I have it now. And I was wanting a premium membership.

Is there going to be a away to get one? :)
Thanks in advance!

kaeko
10-02-2012, 10:39 AM
:D i didnt have one, til i clicked the donate tab at the top and donated ^^

Punjab
10-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Yea, the donating option is still available. I believe the minimum is $5 to get a Premium...?

TotSchrei
10-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Actually, it is 20$ for a permium.
But thanks! It worked.

Punjab
10-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Ah, you're right; $5 is actually to be able to have an account on Weasyl and able to invite 10 other people. My bad. O: 'Grats on the purple haha!

Ben
10-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Users will be able to purchase premium time once we have our credit card processor up and running, without using Paypal. The current 20 dollar option is for premium all through beta + the first month of general release. Through the credit card processor, users can purchase one month for $4, four months for $12, and a whole year for $32.

TotSchrei
10-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Will Paypal still be an option?
Because that is my main source of purchases via Internet.

GingerM
10-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Will Paypal still be an option?
Because that is my main source of purchases via Internet.

Same here. There's a few people, I think, who are leery of using credit cards online. Of course, there's folks leery of using PayPal as well; having more than one payment method would be a good idea, I think.

taasla
10-03-2012, 06:52 AM
I think the reason Weasyl is trying to back off of accepting Paypal is for the same reason FA's Paypal had originally been suspended; Paypal is leery of doing business with folks that have adult content.

RadioCatastrophe
10-03-2012, 08:32 AM
:C I'd still like to be able to use Paypal just for security purposes and it's a lot easier to keep up with as far as spending activity goes, but if they're forced to go without there's suppose to be another site that's in beta with the same features as Paypal. /searches

EDIT: Found it! https://www.v.me/

Ibuuyk
10-03-2012, 09:06 AM
:C I'd still like to be able to use Paypal just for security purposes and it's a lot easier to keep up with as far as spending activity goes, but if they're forced to go without there's suppose to be another site that's in beta with the same features as Paypal. /searches

EDIT: Found it! https://www.v.me/

Sadly, this thing works only if you have a normal Visa card. If you have a Students or Third-Age card or some special, limited-offer one, you're screwed.

Artax
10-03-2012, 11:21 AM
From current experience (running Canterlot.com) paypal is a real mine-field when it comes to accepting money. A real shame as it's the easiest system and API to work with.
I've recently got payza (formally Alertpay) support. Payza took a bit of work, they want to review the website and you have to show evidence of things like refund policies and state what the money's being used for (nothing new to anyone that's advertised their site through Google's Adsense). You then have to wait several days whilst your site's reviewed before being allowed in as a merchant.

However, the seem to be fine about people taking website donations. (paypal don't like that unless you're a registered charity).
Though paypal is a pain in the rear for accepting monies, it's not really their fault at the end of the day. There are a LOT of tax implications for lots of different countries and such that they have to not turn a blind-eye to since they're so big now.

taasla
10-03-2012, 05:24 PM
From current experience (running Canterlot.com) paypal is a real mine-field when it comes to accepting money. A real shame as it's the easiest system and API to work with.
I've recently got payza (formally Alertpay) support. Payza took a bit of work, they want to review the website and you have to show evidence of things like refund policies and state what the money's being used for (nothing new to anyone that's advertised their site through Google's Adsense). You then have to wait several days whilst your site's reviewed before being allowed in as a merchant.

However, the seem to be fine about people taking website donations. (paypal don't like that unless you're a registered charity).
Though paypal is a pain in the rear for accepting monies, it's not really their fault at the end of the day. There are a LOT of tax implications for lots of different countries and such that they have to not turn a blind-eye to since they're so big now.

I have nothing but positive things to say about AlertPay. I purchased a commission from someone through them because the artist's country didn't support Paypal. Alertpay actually had someone contact me to ask if I had received what I paid for. I was just blown away.

RadioCatastrophe
10-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Sadly, this thing works only if you have a normal Visa card. If you have a Students or Third-Age card or some special, limited-offer one, you're screwed.

From what it seemed it'd be similar to Paypal where you had the option to add a credit card/debit card or your bank account. D:
I should read more into it to be sure, but it's a shame if what you said is true, there really needs to be another site like Paypal that won't be so hard to deal with (wishful thinking).

Demu
10-07-2012, 01:38 AM
Would Google or Amazon payments be good for something like this? Or are their terms similar to PayPal's?

Lintu
10-08-2012, 09:32 PM
It would be very nice if there would be an option like Paypal or Alertpay. In some countries it's not as easy to get a Credit Card as it may be in the US, so for many it would be impossible to get a Premium Subscription.