PDA

View Full Version : Characters page having childs , a suggestion

Exist
05-29-2015, 09:47 PM
I am not sure if this is the right spot, but Im also not sure if this exist already. (Hah exist...) But I want to suggest an idea, I check the suggestion thread, I dont think I saw this unless I am blind, but
I make characters.
So I know I will sometimes draw that same character over and over in different situations. So I thought , would it be great to have sub-character or childs within the character selection. It would look like this

Characters

Lee (my oc, my very first pic of her)
then there will be a drop down menu or something and there will be many other drawings of said character

Lee in swimming suit | Lee throwing a temper-tantrum | Lee ect ect

So if someone is like "I love your freaking character" they can just go to your character page, click HamsterBiker (exmple name rofl) and there will be a drop down menu for HamsterBiker 's other sketches.

if you need a visual representation:

http://i.imgur.com/P4vSl1w.png

Uluri
06-18-2015, 09:47 AM
Lee (my oc, my very first pic of her)
then there will be a drop down menu or something and there will be many other drawings of said character

Lee in swimming suit | Lee throwing a temper-tantrum | Lee ect ect

This is Kind of like how I have my Giant Character Reference list set up on Weebly.
Example: http://candlefox.weebly.com/kindling.html
I find it very helpful in having people get to know the character a little better.
I also found that people on art sites respond better to visuals more so than Text Links
of all the artwork available of a character. It's too much work to click through them all.
I used to use Text links of all art of a character listed under their Refsheet. It doesn't go well.

This would actually be a neat feature to have on Weasyl.
Very useful for the character feature it would be.
The question is, would be how to implement it.
Would it be something like, artwork in galleries can be put into
some type of collection/Folder feature displayed under the character page?

PS: The title of this discussion is kind of Misleading. I thought it was about characters having family trees at first. (You can just text link for that easy.)