PDA

View Full Version : Artwork is TOO BIG - Zoom Function?

Uluri
05-11-2015, 03:31 PM
I would like to just say that I think larger artworks are just way too big in a default size setting.
actually, I don't even know if there is a default size setting. Is there? If so, can it be smaller or
auto confined to the screen until one zooms in? I don't like just looking at a character's head
and having to scroll down to see the rest. It takes away from the artwork quite a bit. This in
in reference to not only my own work, but other artists' works as well.

Also, Artists resizing some works to a smaller resolution doesn't always fix well either.
I know a ton of artists who make this amazingly detailed work, and zooming in
to view all the intricate detail is always so amazing. So, having to "perma-shrink"
an amazingly detailed piece with no zoom option wouldn't be in those types
of artists best interest, either.

Can a zoom option be incorporated?

piņardilla
05-11-2015, 03:42 PM
This is actually currently a feature of Noxid's Weasyl Enhancer extension (https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?6690-Weasyl-Enhancer-extension).

Uluri
05-12-2015, 10:06 AM
This is actually currently a feature of Noxid's Weasyl Enhancer extension (https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?6690-Weasyl-Enhancer-extension).

That's great and all, but I mean having these functions already implemented into the site.
These are GREAT features that I think should be part of the site anyways.
I shouldn't need to download extensions left and right to make this website decently practical.
Are you guys working on such features yourself? It would be nice.
It would be REALLY nice if you guys could fix Weasyl up so it is at least
mildly efficient or the purpose that it was created for.

Thank you for your reply, though, and I give apologies for such a cut response.

CartelSaide
05-16-2015, 11:08 PM
I agree; as much as I appreciate add-ons and the like, and I really appreciate the answer to this question being replied to with a direct link to said add-on, implementing it into the site itself when you find time between other projects before taking the site out of Beta would be incredibly beneficial.

Perhaps you could ask the creator of the add-on if you could use their code, and it would be a simple matter or copying and pasting essentially? Isn't that how extensions work anyway, but adding their input to the default code? I'm not coder, just the friend of one, so if this isn't how it works terribly sorry to assume.