PDA

View Full Version : [FORUM] Not receiving registration emails? Post here!

Taw
10-02-2012, 03:09 AM
I've updated this forum section to allow users awaiting email confirmation to be able to post in this section and reply to threads.

I was notified that users were not receiving registration emails on the forums. I'm currently investigating this issue and working to resolve it, but for now, if you would like to be manually activated please post below and I will manually activate your account. Also ensure that you signed up with your correct email address as well!

***NOTE: Once this issue is resolved this thread will be locked. If similar issues occur in the future this thread may be unlocked.

Keziah
10-09-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm still waiting on my invite after donating. I'm not sure how that is supposed to work, but I haven't received anything letting me know where to go from here.

Taw
10-09-2012, 02:46 AM
I'm still waiting on my invite after donating. I'm not sure how that is supposed to work, but I haven't received anything letting me know where to go from here.

If you mean invites for the main site, Kihari is the one who handles and sends them out. He may have gone to bed and so you may need to wait for him to come online next to send out the invite.

This forum thread was more directed towards those who are having registrations issues on the forums.

If you believe your invite may have been missed please shoot an email to weasyl.sysop@gmail.com

NachTSS
10-11-2012, 08:28 PM
how long should I expect to wait after paying to get an invite to the site? hope to hear from you soon thanks :)

zenia
10-11-2012, 08:45 PM
I received an email with a link in it... but the link is not working. I just get a non-responsive page, although my Internet is working properly...

MukiHyena
10-14-2012, 04:45 PM
If you mean invites for the main site, Kihari is the one who handles and sends them out. He may have gone to bed and so you may need to wait for him to come online next to send out the invite.

This forum thread was more directed towards those who are having registrations issues on the forums.

If you believe your invite may have been missed please shoot an email to weasyl.sysop@gmail.com

Ah - that answers the question I was about to ask!

Tihusky
10-16-2012, 08:35 AM
how long does it normaly take to get an invite? or should i email them now?

Taw
10-16-2012, 08:07 PM
how long should I expect to wait after paying to get an invite to the site? hope to hear from you soon thanks :)

Sorry! I was actually away moving and such so I've had little time to check the forums for a few days and stuff while I get settled.

Your invite should arrive within 24 hours of payment (if you pay by eCheck/eCheque I believe it arrives after it clears). I'm not too certain however, since I'm not the one who handles the mainsite invites.

I received an email with a link in it... but the link is not working. I just get a non-responsive page, although my Internet is working properly...

Hope this is working for you now! Not sure if it was a server problem or not. Let me know if this is still the case!

how long does it normaly take to get an invite? or should i email them now?

I'd give it up to 24 hours, though I'm uncertain when the emails get sent out and such - I'm not the one who handles 'em. Hopefully it arrives soon, if you don't receive it in a day, I'd email and check.

NachTSS
10-18-2012, 01:42 PM
hi i got a reg email but it errored when i tryed load the verify link and i can not log into my account but my account is shown on the site still and if i try do password recovery it says invalid email - i tryed that as a last resort - hope to hear from you soon thanks

Lagotrope
10-22-2012, 02:19 AM
I also have had an issue with not receiving an email, as I put in the $5 donate option on the 16th and haven't received an email for registration. If that could be looked into and fixed, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

Ben
10-22-2012, 02:30 AM
I also have had an issue with not receiving an email, as I put in the $5 donate option on the 16th and haven't received an email for registration. If that could be looked into and fixed, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

It might have ended up in your spam box. What email did you donate with? I can check to see what happened.

Lagotrope
10-22-2012, 02:41 AM
It might have ended up in your spam box. What email did you donate with? I can check to see what happened.

My spam folders are clear after a check, but the payment may have been through cheesebouchee [at] gmail.com, though I didn't receive an email there either. Otherwise, lagotrope [at] gmail.com is the one attached to my forum account.

Ben
10-22-2012, 03:12 AM
An invite has been sent. We apologize for the oversight!

Lagotrope
10-22-2012, 04:13 PM
An invite has been sent. We apologize for the oversight!

Got it, thank you very much!

RadioCatastrophe
10-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Wondering how I'd be able to send an extra invite to someone? Will I be receiving an email asking me where I'd like it to be sent to or...?

doctormorgue
10-27-2012, 08:42 AM
I registered just fine, but got no confirmation email? I'm not sure where to take this issue except here. Sorry, folks.

Kuro
10-27-2012, 11:54 AM
I sent invites to some friends but they didn't get any mails yet.
May it take some time or does it not work yet? :o

Cockhole
10-27-2012, 01:19 PM
I registered just fine, but got no confirmation email? I'm not sure where to take this issue except here. Sorry, folks.

Having the same problem. I've registered some 6 hours ago but a confirmation email still hasn't arrived.

gllt
10-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Got an invite from a friend. Registered on the main site. Registered on here.
All I've ever received was the invite email.

gllt is the username on both accounts and they share the same email address that was used for the invite.

----

EDIT 10/27/12 3:57 PM

Taken care of. Thank you!

Cockhole
10-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Having the same problem. I've registered some 6 hours ago but a confirmation email still hasn't arrived.

Just received said email. Thanks!

doctormorgue
10-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Thank you so much; it's all dealt with now.

nixon
10-28-2012, 01:16 AM
I got my invite (got it through a friend), but whenever I try to verify it through the link that was sent to my email after I set up a username it gives me this instead:
"Whoops! An unexpected error occurred and your request could not be fully processed."

Is it because I tried to use punctuation in my username? Or something else?
I tried to register again with another name, but it says the email is in use, even though I can't log in with that account. Sorry if this isn't the place to ask - it's the closest I can find without making a new thread.
Thank you!

Taw
10-28-2012, 07:27 AM
I got my invite (got it through a friend), but whenever I try to verify it through the link that was sent to my email after I set up a username it gives me this instead:
"Whoops! An unexpected error occurred and your request could not be fully processed."

Is it because I tried to use punctuation in my username? Or something else?
I tried to register again with another name, but it says the email is in use, even though I can't log in with that account. Sorry if this isn't the place to ask - it's the closest I can find without making a new thread.
Thank you!

I suggest sending an email to support@weasyl.com to inquire about that issue with your username and email to see what they can do to fix it for you. (I'm not a mainsite coder so I can't really help you out, sorry!)

Sorry about the inconvenience!

SweetSushi
11-05-2012, 06:32 AM
I friend of mine send an invitation and gave weasyl my email but I didnt get any email about it. It has been more then a week ago.

Koroshi
11-05-2012, 04:17 PM
I sent mines in and still waiting for my site registration to be fixed.

Taw
11-05-2012, 05:41 PM
I friend of mine send an invitation and gave weasyl my email but I didnt get any email about it. It has been more then a week ago.

Did you check any spam folders? Also did they type your email in correctly?

Try contacting support about it - support@weasyl.com

I sent mines in and still waiting for my site registration to be fixed.

Try sending an email to support@weasyl.com with your issues and maybe they can fix it for you!

SenoraKitty
11-06-2012, 06:03 AM
I am curious, I registered on the forum with one email account while my Paypal (which was my donation method) is under a different account. Would this cause any problems in me getting a beta invite? You know since there are two different e-mail accounts, any it is stated that you use the one that is linked to the forum user?

Taw
11-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I am curious, I registered on the forum with one email account while my Paypal (which was my donation method) is under a different account. Would this cause any problems in me getting a beta invite? You know since there are two different e-mail accounts, any it is stated that you use the one that is linked to the forum user?

When someone donates enough for premium membership on the forums we compare the email they donated with with our user database to see if an account was made. The main site requires that the email used to donate is required for signup I believe.

If you donated for a beta invite, expect it to arrive in your email you used to donate, and register with that email (you can then change it under your settings if you desire). Make sure to check your spam email in case it got sent there by accident!

If you donated $20+ you get lifetime membership on the forums - you can post in this thread to receive it http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?71-Premium-Member-Sign-In/

If you did not donate with the same email as your forum registration specify in that thread that you are using a different email so we can get your premium faster!

SweetSushi
11-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Thanku I did checked my spam box. So now I have send an email to support! I hope it helps!

Bungledess
11-09-2012, 02:49 AM
I sent in a donation, but never received an email - even emailed the support address but still nothing :/

Kirby
11-14-2012, 06:43 PM
I got an invitation from a friend, and filled out the registration form as per the instructions in the e-mail. However, I haven't gotten an e-mail back concerning account activation. Yes, I checked my spam folder.

Usagi_Shira
11-15-2012, 06:59 AM
I got my invitation from Fiz, and everything seems to have gone through without a hitch, until I find a good 11 hours later, I still haven't recieved my confirmation e-mail to say my registration actually went through.

Now, as it turns out, I'm not exactly sure whether I gave my username as 'Tazer_Silverscar' or if I used a hyphen (-) instead of the underscore, but my e-mail on that account is definitely registeel999@hotmail.com

As per default request, I have checked my Spam folder, but it's been empty since I recieved the invite.

Butts
11-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Argh, reading this makes me realise what I did wrong. Darn..

I donated with the instructions on the Tumblr and didn't even have a forum account yet. Figured I'd get an email giving me approval to register a Weasyl account with the email I donated with.. But yeah, silly me. Should've just used this (http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/payments.php?tabid=49) link after I made a forum account. Would've been less confusing for my registration.

Ah well, sent an email.

Kirby
11-15-2012, 09:58 AM
I notice I had received another invitation e-mail - thanks to whoever did that, since they were likely trying to fix my issue - however, my problem is that I hadn't received a follow-up e-mail after filling out the registration form. I received an invitation e-mail from my friend just fine. When I try to register again, I get the error "Whoops! The email you entered is already registered by another user." Password recovery and login doesn't work, either.

EDIT: Got a resent verification e-mail in my inbox. Much thanks to whoever the lurking staff may be :P Now, I can finally enjoy the site!

Coldstone
11-15-2012, 08:27 PM
I id the donation to gt he invite, an I did get sent one (it went to my paypal email, but that wasn't a problem). I filled it out, and it told me I would need to check the activation email to confirm my account. Still no email yet. ^^; It has been about a day now. The account is under my name, though the email is different.

pagangirl86
11-16-2012, 08:12 PM
A friend invited me over 24 hrs ago and I've not gotten the email to sign up yet :(

email is MarieMayer1986 [at] gmail [dot] com

Ironhoof
11-23-2012, 07:55 PM
I've updated this forum section to allow users awaiting email confirmation to be able to post in this section and reply to threads.

I was notified that users were not receiving registration emails on the forums. I'm currently investigating this issue and working to resolve it, but for now, if you would like to be manually activated please post below and I will manually activate your account. Also ensure that you signed up with your correct email address as well!

***NOTE: Once this issue is resolved this thread will be locked. If similar issues occur in the future this thread may be unlocked.

I would like to join the main group, since I'm already here in the forum, but I don't know anyone with an account here to invite me (if that's still an option). Also, there is no link on the home page here to let me join manually. What are my options?

catalepsy
11-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Just as a note, this should be fixed as of the maintenance on Saturday.