PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Suggestion: include no. of views and no. of favorites with submission icon

FurryWurry
05-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Suggestion: Please include the number of views and number of Favorites along with the submission icons.

It would be very helpful for some of us if we could find out how much people like our submissions without having to view our submissions ourselves (thus improperly inflating the View count).

(I didn't see any similar suggestion in the forum or the bug tracker, although I might have overlooked it.)

Noxid
05-07-2015, 06:52 PM
does viewing your own submissions even increase their view count?
I'm clicking around on various things on my page but the view counts look like they're staying the same to me.

FurryWurry
05-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Another reason for having those values accompany the icons is that it makes them all visible simultaneously. Currently one must visit every submission to determine what they are. This can be somewhat tedious if there are many submissions.

Note that this would affect the viewing of submissions made by everyone, not just one's own. Being able to sort by this kind of "popularity", for example, might the site more enjoyable for visitors, and perhaps more profitable for submitters.