PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Site API

AlexVixgeck
08-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Hey!

I love to learn and getting my paws dirty, messing with code and such, so I was wondering if Weasyl will have an API (If yes, I'd love to help with the documentation and POCs/snippets!)

Kudos to Weasyl!

Fiz
08-07-2012, 11:35 PM
As I'm aware of it, Weasyl will have an open API for people to develop their own things for. Unfortunately I can't really help with documentation, etc. for it. Glad you've taken an interest in it though!

AlexVixgeck
08-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Looking forward the API (and how I can help)

Thanks, Fiz!

Struguri
10-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Hi there. Very brief question.

Since it's kind of vague to simply ask if the site has an API, the sort of data I'd be looking for would be an API that exposes things like submissions, watchers/watchees, notifications, etc. I was curious if there was any interest in exposing something like this with Weasyl sometime in the future? I was looking through the FAQ and didn't see a mention of it. I also don't have an account on Weasyl just yet, so I have no way to check if one does indeed exist just yet.

Thank you!

Taw
10-02-2012, 12:16 AM
I believe another user started tinkering with some API things Kihari had ready and such, but that's not my area of expertise. In the future I believe we do plan on having an API with those features available however.

I'll inquire about it with Kihari when I can and try and find out more for you.

skylerbunny
02-12-2014, 01:19 PM
A 1.0 API is now published:

super early draft of the API docs: http://projects.weasyl.com/weasylapi/ it's subject to change and incomplete, but it's something for now. ~w