PDA

View Full Version : Site Maintenance

Kihari
10-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks so much to everyone who helped find bugs in the site during the 1st day of launch! We appreciate all your diligence and helpfulness. In order to deal with some of the bugs that were found, we’ll be taking the site offline for a while to deal with some of them. We currently have no ETA on this process, but we will post updates as they become clear to us.

We are also working on registration issues and lost invitation emails; email weasyl.sysop@gmail.com to report such issues.

Things Fixed (Newest at bottom in bold):

Comments sending to wrong submissions
Folder deletion resulting in deletion of all enclosed submissions
Default follow preferences turned off
Forgot Password birthday checking
Thumbnail quality has been improved drastically.
Ignored users being able to send you friend requests.
Embedded content disappearing if you try to edit it.
Folder submission count bug
Default filter settings
Animated avatar bug
Added follow user management in control panel
Added hovers that display information on thumbnails
Improved the automatic e-mail system
Fixed a couple submission notification quirks
Married e-mailer module to account creation & verification functions
Married files module to submission creation functions

Fixed the form file inputs
Fixed issues related to displaying unicode characters
Userpage banners now resize to fit to screen
Comment actions on touchscreens now show without hovering

StrawberryPawz
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
okee, thanks for letting us know!

Ben
10-01-2012, 09:38 PM
The bugs associated with comments being posted to the wrong submissions, folder deletion resulting in deletion of all enclosed submissions, having all default follow preferences turned off and the forgotpassword birthdate checking have all been fixed as of an hour ago. We'll continue to keep you guys posted.

Morphology
10-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Awesome! Thank you for fixing the bugs and keeping everyone posted on the progress. :)

taasla
10-01-2012, 09:52 PM
High five!

kaeko
10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
great to have quick and regular updates~

yall are aweomse!!

Ben
10-02-2012, 07:15 AM
The following bugs have also been taken care of:

There will be more updates later today. Just want to take the opportunity to thank everyone again for helping us find all these mistakes!

Sekhmet
10-02-2012, 09:44 AM
The following bugs have also been taken care of:

There will be more updates later today. Just want to take the opportunity to thank everyone again for helping us find all these mistakes!

Thats great! I noticed that the thumbnail quality wasn't good! I thought that was strange because my files were good quality.
THanks for all your hardwork, staff!

RadioCatastrophe
10-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Will there be any update (if you're currently planning on it) to allow multiple images to be uploaded to character profiles (sorry if this has been answered previously)? I'd also like to know if there will ever be banners for the profiles as well instead of a submission being the default.

Ben
10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Will there be any update (if you're currently planning on it) to allow multiple images to be uploaded to character profiles (sorry if this has been answered previously)?

Being able to contain multiple pieces within a single submission has been the most heavily demanded feature that we haven't promised as being ready for beta, so I would opt that it be our top priority after getting everything else sorted out.

I'd also like to know if there will ever be banners for the profiles as well instead of a submission being the default.

Not being able to choose your featured submission is a known issue, and we are working on it. Your patience is appreciated though, so thank you. c:

Swampwulf
10-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Perhaps making these 'Site Down/ Fixed issues' threads Admin/Mod only so as to make it a bit easier to see what's happening at a glance without having to sift through user feedback would be something to consider?

TotSchrei
10-02-2012, 04:03 PM
I agree with this.
It gets a bit difficult keeping track of "updates" when you have to shift through posts.

Fiz
10-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Perhaps making these 'Site Down/ Fixed issues' threads Admin/Mod only so as to make it a bit easier to see what's happening at a glance without having to sift through user feedback would be something to consider?

I agree with this.
It gets a bit difficult keeping track of "updates" when you have to shift through posts.

I'll start amending the first post with all fixes from now on, so people can still leave feedback in the thread with all of the updates being in one easy area to find.

Swampwulf
10-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Elegant solution.

Rhazafax
10-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Man, you guys. You guys are just great. Keep up the amazing work!

Fiz
10-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Here's my latest update of what has been fixed and added:

Folder submission count bug
Default filter settings
Animated avatar bug
Added follow user management in control panel
Added hovers that display information on thumbnails
Improved the automatic e-mail system

RX-149Dragonite
10-04-2012, 02:17 AM
neat

kingcrowned
10-04-2012, 02:05 PM
For anyone that doesn't follow the twitter or tumblr:

http://weasyl.tumblr.com/post/32879825221/weasyl-will-be-back-this-weekend

RadioCatastrophe
10-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks for posting that! I look forward to inviting folks when the sites back up.

Fiz
10-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Latest bug updates:

Fixed a couple submission notification quirks
Married e-mailer module to account creation & verification functions
Married files module to submission creation functions
Got a lead on the sometimes not working form file inputs

Kayla
10-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Can't wait to start using this site!

LeeLee
10-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Man you guys absolutely ROCK
I can't wait till we're back up and online again.

I THINK it's a bug but it's on the forums
I might be doing something wrong.
I get notifications via CP for PMs
but for replies I'm not? Don't know if that's an issue or it's just me being stupid.
I do have it set to notify me via CP of the threads of forums
(spoke to Ben about it)

also DON'T KNOW if you guys are already doing this, if you are disregard.
For the actual site (gallery) would it be possible to further edit members gallery / profile page?

Set the "featured submission"
and if possible make that "gallery view" up top able to be hidden or show?
Just some ideas. ALSO what is the HTML used for this site for links etc. to post in journals pages.

KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK! <3

OnyxSerpent
10-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Glad to see the list of fixed or being fixed bugs is growing. :D

I was just wondering, is there any ETA for when the site will be back up?

Fiz
10-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Man you guys absolutely ROCK
I can't wait till we're back up and online again.

I THINK it's a bug but it's on the forums
I might be doing something wrong.
I get notifications via CP for PMs
but for replies I'm not? Don't know if that's an issue or it's just me being stupid.
I do have it set to notify me via CP of the threads of forums
(spoke to Ben about it)

also DON'T KNOW if you guys are already doing this, if you are disregard.
For the actual site (gallery) would it be possible to further edit members gallery / profile page?

Set the "featured submission"
and if possible make that "gallery view" up top able to be hidden or show?
Just some ideas. ALSO what is the HTML used for this site for links etc. to post in journals pages.

KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK! <3

If you believe it's a bug, report it here please: http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?15-Site-amp-Forum-Support

Set featured submission is something we need to implement, as right now it's just defaulting to the most recent submission.

As for hiding the "gallery view" strip, probably not anything we were thinking of doing. It's something that could be changed in the future though.

The coding type for embedding links and such on the site is bbcode.

Nordana
10-07-2012, 06:48 PM
I am really impressed so far with the level of care and dedication the web crew is taking to ensure an optimum site and a safe community. Keep up the good work and I can't wait on joining the main site

kaeko
10-07-2012, 07:01 PM
all the bug fixes look great! cant wait, i noticed when you click home it now doesnt show the page at all.

no weasel and canvas image

Taw
10-07-2012, 07:11 PM
all the bug fixes look great! cant wait, i noticed when you click home it now doesnt show the page at all.

no weasel and canvas image

Are you sure it's actually not working for you? I opened an incognito window and tried the link and it seemed fine to me, authorization page popped up, and when closed it showed Wesley with the canvas.

kingcrowned
10-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Hey, Weasyl's back up for me! I just checked now and it goes to the main page. :>

Rhazafax
10-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Yay, it's back for me, too! :D

Shane
10-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Awesome. Glad you guys got things up and running again.

Fiz
10-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Yep! Site is back up and running. Those who have donated lately will be getting their invites e-mailed to them. If you still haven't gotten your invite after a while (be sure to check your spam/junk box), please let us know!

User generated invites will still be disabled for a bit while we switch to a new host. Sorry for the delay with that. :c

Also, newest set of fixes:

GingerM
10-08-2012, 03:53 AM
Yep! Site is back up and running. Those who have donated lately will be getting their invites e-mailed to them. If you still haven't gotten your invite after a while (be sure to check your spam/junk box), please let us know!

User generated invites will still be disabled for a bit while we switch to a new host. Sorry for the delay with that. :c

Also, newest set of fixes:

I'm so glad to see the site back up and that the staff has been working so hard to fix things for us. May I ask if you have an approximate time (a couple of days, a week, next month) for the switch to the new host? I have a bunch of people I'd like to invite... :-)