PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Feature request - display submission name in page title

SuburbanFox
10-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Like many people, I use Tabbed Browsing - I tend to open a bunch of submissions (via the Browse page or notifications) then work through them as a batch, sometimes skipping around based on title or the name of the artist.

Unfortunately it seems that every page on Weasyl has the same title - "Weasyl".

Would it be possible to add the submission title to the page title, e.g. "Weasyl - Everyone's Buddy by SuburbanFox"?

It would be useful to have this for other pages too - e.g. "Weasyl - Browse submissions" / "Weasyl - Manage - Submission Folders" and so on.

StrawberryPawz
10-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Agreed

kingcrowned
10-01-2012, 06:08 PM
It would be nice to have some sort of hover-text when I put my cursor over a submission. It doesn't necessarily have to be a detailed description like FA or anything, but I'd like to be able to see what the submission is called and who did it. This would probably be extra helpful for things like written and audio submissions where you might only have a thumbnail and no way of knowing what the story is about until you click it. And considering Weasyl is new and still on the slow side, well, I think it'd be a help.

Taw
10-02-2012, 03:26 AM
It would be nice to have some sort of hover-text when I put my cursor over a submission. It doesn't necessarily have to be a detailed description like FA or anything, but I'd like to be able to see what the submission is called and who did it. This would probably be extra helpful for things like written and audio submissions where you might only have a thumbnail and no way of knowing what the story is about until you click it. And considering Weasyl is new and still on the slow side, well, I think it'd be a help.

This is being worked on (I think Aden was working on it tonight and will be working on it tomorrow as well) right now. From what I heard the old version was had was finicky and such due to issues with touchscreen compatibility or some such. (iOS will hover when tapped, Android wont, if I remember correctly).

As for the submission titles in the tab names, I have informed the mainsite coders regarding it. Thanks!

GreenReaper
10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
It would be even better if the submission title was the first part of the page title, as when you have a bunch of tabs it may get cut off. The site icon should be sufficient to tell the user that it's Weasyl, so it can go at the end for SEO.

Ransom
10-02-2012, 01:59 PM
I second Green Reaper's suggestion.

Also, definitely looking forward to some hover-text. It's especially useful for quickly skimming over non-visual submissions, getting to read a snippit of the description.