PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Folder Deletion: Deletes Submissions

StrawberryPawz
10-01-2012, 05:16 PM
WATCH OUT!
If you delete a folder with submissions in it, it will remove the submissions from your gallery all together WITH NO WARNING.
If this happens you need to contact Kihari as he can put them back into your main gallery.

MAKE SURE YOU UNLINK THE SUBMISSIONS FIRST!

Tiger
10-01-2012, 05:19 PM
WATCH OUT!
If you delete a folder with submissions in it, it will remove the submissions from your gallery all together WITH NO WARNING.
If this happens you need to contact Kihari as he can put them back into your main gallery.

MAKE SURE YOU UNLINK THE SUBMISSIONS FIRST!

Or you could just re-upload the submissions in your gallery yourself? I don't think Kihari needs to be involved, unless it's a serious glitch that requires a staff member. Or have I misunderstood your post? (my apologies if I have).

StrawberryPawz
10-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Or you could just re-upload the submissions in your gallery yourself? I don't think Kihari needs to be involved, unless it's a serious glitch that requires a staff member. Or have I misunderstood your post? (my apologies if I have).

uploading 15 submissions? no.

Kihari helped me already.

Tiger
10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
uploading 15 submissions? no.

Kihari helped me already.

It really doesn't take long to upload a submission (for me, anyway). It's not hard to spend a few minutes getting your gallery back together. Again, was it some sort of bug or glitch? In my opinion, Kihari has more to take care of than uploading submissions that were accidentally deleted. Unless it was an error with the site, there's no need to call him in to get your submissions back up.

Maybe this thread can help with that in the future, though. Giving some ideas to the staff as to how to handle folder submissions/deletions. It could lead to a useful feature or two. It's just not necessary to have a staff member specifically re-upload submissions accidentally deleted.

StrawberryPawz
10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
It really doesn't take long to upload a submission (for me, anyway). It's not hard to spend a few minutes getting your gallery back together. Again, was it some sort of bug or glitch? In my opinion, Kihari has more to take care of than uploading submissions that were accidentally deleted. Unless it was an error with the site, there's no need to call him in to get your submissions back up.

Maybe this thread can help with that in the future, though. Giving some ideas to the staff as to how to handle folder submissions/deletions. It could lead to a useful feature or two. It's just not necessary to have a staff member specifically re-upload submissions accidentally deleted.

once again. he already did it. so it'd be nice if you quit calling me lazy. thanks.

Tiger
10-01-2012, 05:42 PM
once again. he already did it. so it'd be nice if you quit calling me lazy. thanks.

I apologize if I came off as rude and abrasive, I didn't intend to. I've said what I wanted to, and as you said, it's done and over with. I won't post in this thread further.

Again, sorry if I've upset you, I didn't mean to do that at all.

StrawberryPawz
10-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I apologize if I came off as rude and abrasive, I didn't intend to. I've said what I wanted to, and as you said, it's done and over with. I won't post in this thread further.

Again, sorry if I've upset you, I didn't mean to do that at all.

i followed and added you before the site went down btw

Tiger
10-01-2012, 05:53 PM
i followed and added you before the site went down btw

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll be sure to watch you back when the site is operating again!

Uini
10-01-2012, 05:57 PM
In Tigers defense, and not to seem as if I'm "attacking" you strawberry, he's asking if it was an actual glitch rather than a mistake for the sake of admins and users in the future. It is a glitch that deletes submissions with the folders then I'm sure the admins will move towards fixing it. If it was simply a human error then thanks for the warning. Understand people are looking for actual problems within the site that coders can fix and it would be possibly be helpful to provide them with trouble relating to that instead of personal errors.
Just suggesting to be a little self sustaining is all. =)

StrawberryPawz
10-01-2012, 06:02 PM
In Tigers defense, and not to seem as if I'm "attacking" you strawberry, he's asking if it was an actual glitch rather than a mistake for the sake of admins and users in the future. It is a glitch that deletes submissions with the folders then I'm sure the admins will move towards fixing it. If it was simply a human error then thanks for the warning. Understand people are looking for actual problems within the site that coders can fix and it would be possibly be helpful to provide them with trouble relating to that instead of personal errors.
Just suggesting to be a little self sustaining is all. =)

Glitch. Already sent it to Kihari. Could be one of the reasons he took the site down.

Uini
10-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Alright! Then its getting resolved!!! =)

StrawberryPawz
10-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Alright! Then its getting resolved!!! =)

hopefully

Kihari
10-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Removing submissions when their folders are removed was intended functionality, thought to make mass-deleting easier; however I failed to specify this behavior on the folder management page. Behavior has been changed to dump submissions into the user's root folder when folders are removed.

Please email weasyl.sysop@gmail.com if you have accidentally deleted submissions via folder removal.

Tiger
10-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Removing submissions when their folders are removed was intended functionality, thought to make mass-deleting easier; however I failed to specify this behavior on the folder management page. Behavior has been changed to dump submissions into the user's root folder when folders are removed.

Please email weasyl.sysop@gmail.com if you have accidentally deleted submissions via folder removal.

So it actually was a programming issue? In that case, I'm sorry StrawberryPawz. I probably was a lot more accusing than I should have been and it turns out I was in the wrong with the feature for deleting folders and thus submissions.

Stereo
10-02-2012, 03:16 AM
Seeing as this bug has been both addressed and fixed, I am locking this thread.

Much thanks to everyone for their continued contribution in reporting these bugs; we appreciate it greatly. :3