PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Unable to add or edit additional prices in commission info correctly



Bluemail
04-01-2015, 11:23 AM
There seems to be a problem with commission prices. I tried to edit my additional prices, which resulted in the price resetting to 0. After this I tried deleting the price and creating it again, but even if I selected "This price is an additional cost" it created it as a base cost. I did both multiple times with the same results.

Thanks for your time!

akitary
04-01-2015, 01:53 PM
just tried it, same thing happens here

Browser: Opera 28.0.1750.48 and Chrome 41.0.2272.101 m
System: Windows 7 64-bit

Naresie
04-01-2015, 03:21 PM
I am willing to add that the same thing happens to me as well, and it happens each time.

OS- Windows 7 Browser- Mozilla Firefox

:D

Lagos
04-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Hi, Bluemail and akitary. Thanks for reporting this:

I've found a bug which is preventing new prices from respecting the 'additional cost' flag. I'm writing a fix for that; we'll try to get it in soon.

Now the behavior of prices becoming 0 when you edit them if you don't re-enter prices in the minimum/max fields is an old, existing behavior, but I agree it's extremely counter-intuitive and bad UI. We'll take a look at fixing that as well.

Lagos
04-02-2015, 01:04 AM
We've pushed a fix for these issues (and one or two other odd behaviors in Commission Prices):

1. You should now be able to make new commission prices marked as 'additional costs'.
2. Forgetting to enter values for minimum and maximum price when editing an existing price will no longer set the price to $0.
3. If you forget to select a commission class when creating a price, the error is more helpful.

Please test and tell us if the behavior works better for you now; since people use commissions for their livelihood, getting this right is important to us. There are still a few things we'd like to fix: The UI could be improved and there's a weird but not critical bug in deleting the youngest commission class and then creating a new one, but incremental steps....

Bluemail
04-02-2015, 03:19 AM
It's working perfectly now, thanks!

akitary
04-02-2015, 05:16 AM
tested:

changing normal cost to set as additional cost on an existing record, or the reverse fails.

also, prices that were under a deleted 'asdasd' class somehow got under my new 'Test' class. (*edit: i suppose this is the weird bug that was mentioned?)

- - - Updated - - -

but original bug is fixed and works, price editing itself is ok

Lagos
04-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Hi, Akitary. That is indeed the weird bug: Deleting a class doesn't delete all the prices associated with it. They remain around to haunt the next commission class.

As for switching a normal cost to an additional cost or vice versa, it's working for me. Did you check the box that says 'edit currency and settings' before hitting the edit button? It's easy to miss. (That's another thing we should improve in the future).

If you ARE checking that box and the price still isn't changing between additional and base, then it's a bug rather than an UX issue. Could you post screenshots?

akitary
04-02-2015, 02:55 PM
oh, didn't know I had to check that to change, I assumed it would recognize the value change and just do it for me. Sorry ^^ (yeah looking back it is obvious you would have to check, but I'm super unobservant)

Then so far all is good for me. (well except the weird bug but its not really annoying, i just have to delete the prices)
Thank you for quick fix and support! <3

Lagos
04-02-2015, 09:13 PM
oh, didn't know I had to check that to change, I assumed it would recognize the value change and just do it for me. Sorry ^^ (yeah looking back it is obvious you would have to check, but I'm super unobservant)

No need to apologize: It's not at all obvious and easy to miss. I made the same mistake while debugging. There's an issue filed for improving it now, so that's something else we will try to improve in a future update.