PDA

View Full Version : Unable to view PDF files

Naresie
03-31-2015, 01:01 PM
Hello there, I apologize for taking people's time, however, I have stumbled upon and issue that really bothers me and that I am unable to do anything about, and I am unsure if it is affecting anyone else. Whenever I try to view stories or any kind of written works that have been submitted in an PDF format, I am unable to view them, at all, the canvas where the text is supposed to be is simply blank. I have tried for example disabling Adblock, pressing F5, logging in and out, turned on and off the computer even, but I am a bit confused about what is causing this issue. Here is a screenshot of how it looks to me:

http://i.imgur.com/Q0F6rEW.png

If I am the only one who is experiencing this issue, could I get any advice on how fix it, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, I was able to view the text for quite some time, but suddenly it just stopped working about.. 2 days ago, just like that, without me doing anything directly.

Fiz
03-31-2015, 01:09 PM
Which browser are you using, which OS are you using and could you provide a link to the submission(s) please?

Naresie
03-31-2015, 01:12 PM
I am using Mozilla Firefox on Windows 7, and this is happening to all submissions who have the file type PDF, but I guess an example would be: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/882263/am-i-the-one

Levi
03-31-2015, 11:28 PM
I've not encountered this on the desktop yet, but this happens to me on mobile devices all the time. For whatever reason, neither my phone nor my iPad knows what to do with PDF submissions and it crashes the browser more often than not (although there is an odd iPad workaround).

Posting here because maybe the issue is related, maybe not.

Phone: Running Android 5.1 (although it happened with 5.0 and 4.4.x as well), with Chrome, Firefox, or Opera
iPad: iOS 8.2, with Safari

skylerbunny
04-01-2015, 01:55 AM
Hey folks!

Along with the EGG update, we did put in a fix for some browsers not trying to load pdfs as they are supposed to. Give things a shot, and see how you do now?

Levi
04-01-2015, 07:11 AM
So far, so good. I'll keep exploring though and will let you know if anything is not working as it should.

Naresie
04-01-2015, 07:24 AM
Oh yes, it is working just fine now like normal, thank you so much for resolving the issue! ^_^ *Gives a hug of appreciation*