PDA

View Full Version : Anyone practice Jiu Jitsu or MMA?

CorruptEevee
03-24-2015, 11:40 AM
I have been doing jiu jitsu for years and it is literally the only physical activity I find fun. At least I can stay somewhat in shape :D. I am not much of a striker and always have focused on my grappling. I'd train for the ufc if I could tho :P but oh well.

Eduard
03-25-2015, 03:51 PM
I have done some Judo for a few years when I was younger.

Now I am looking to get into MMA and Muai-Thai in order to hone my physical condition but mostly due to the fact that I adore the discipline, and exhilarating sensations, especially the satisfaction, that martial arts of all kinds manage to project inside of you.

Permit me the curiosity, what is it precisely that you find fun about Jiu Jitsu? Merely curious, I admit to have a curiosity for other martial arts in the case the chance that I may try something new arises.

I would love to practice Hapkido but there is no place which offers Hapkido lessons in my town.

CorruptEevee
03-26-2015, 08:16 AM
I have done some Judo for a few years when I was younger.

Now I am looking to get into MMA and Muai-Thai in order to hone my physical condition but mostly due to the fact that I adore the discipline, and exhilarating sensations, especially the satisfaction, that martial arts of all kinds manage to project inside of you.

Permit me the curiosity, what is it precisely that you find fun about Jiu Jitsu? Merely curious, I admit to have a curiosity for other martial arts in the case the chance that I may try something new arises.

I would love to practice Hapkido but there is no place which offers Hapkido lessons in my town.

I would love to learn some Judo :3 It would help my stand up game in Jiu Jitsu a lot. And Hapkido is really great, I took about a year of it when I was 16 before I moved from my hometown. But now the new dojo I am about to go to for Jiu Jitsu is planning on having some Hapkido as well so I am SUPER EXCITED!

I found Hapkido to be really fun and very practical, I tried some kick boxing awhile ago and I just didn't get into it like I did Hapkido.

So as for Jiu Jitsu, so I have never been really into striking. Like I can punch and kick sure, I know how to sure but I do way better in regards to grappling and controlling an opponent. Like even the few stupid fights I got into (The last one was pretty funny actually, some drunk guy started a fight with me in a gas station because in his words "I looked like a faggot") I usually don't try to punch or kick, I go straight into grappling, get them on the ground and stop them from hurting me or anyone else.

I suppose I like it just because I can end a fight with everyone having the least amount of damage and usually people don't know what to do when you start grappling with them. Not only that but The training is really fun and a super good workout/conditioning. I was never really a strong person but Jiu Jitsu has made it so I don't really have to be, I can use my technique and now I am not scared if I ended up fighting a bigger or stronger opponent.

Lastly this is literally the only martial art where my friends would be more then likely to partake in sparring with me, they see it as just playful wrestling where we don't have to throw punches or kicks. I even had a friend of mine who was a good 150lbs over weight to start wrestling with me. He thought it was going to be an easy fight because of how small I am > : 3 His face when I choked him with my legs was pretty funny. But he also actually really had fun and we started to do it every day. He lost a lot of weight drastically and actually felt confident in himself because he never knew how to defend himself before.

So all in all I LOVE Jiu Jitsu because of all the good experiences I have had with it and how much fun I have getting my ass kicked by people better then me x3.

Oly
03-26-2015, 10:36 AM
I've wanted to join a gym and learn this shit but I don't have time or money for that right at this point in life.

I took a short amount of chinese kempo when I was like 10-11ish, that's the only formal training I ever got. Anything else I know is from reading or getting my ass beat.

CorruptEevee
03-27-2015, 09:21 AM
I've wanted to join a gym and learn this shit but I don't have time or money for that right at this point in life.

I took a short amount of chinese kempo when I was like 10-11ish, that's the only formal training I ever got. Anything else I know is from reading or getting my ass beat.

The sad thing is that yes it can be pricey. Thankfully I can choose between night or morning classes :3.

Njorunn
04-17-2015, 09:41 AM
I used to do brazillian kickboxing, jujitsu, muay thai, and krav maga, but it's been years. I'm totally out of practice and probably in turrrrible shape. :V

Oly
04-17-2015, 09:54 AM
I've been trying to just get in better shape lately. Get the gut to muscle ratio in my musclegut more balanced. :U

Njorunn
04-17-2015, 10:06 AM
I seem to only get really skinny when I do any workouts. X3 So I dont get musclegut, I turn skeletor. :V But that's probably because I dont really eat food. I just look at it and cry.

Oly
04-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Eat! Food is the best :O

Just eat healthy. Not terrible crap.

Viciviser
05-14-2015, 03:11 AM
I've only practiced Tae Kwon Do and some Aikido. I love martial arts. I want to get back into it. It does help so much with health, balance, discipline, confidence, and of course the ability to better protect oneself or others.

I wish I had some sparring partners too. I really want to wrestle and grapple. I actually prefer strikes myself because I don't like the idea of getting in close quarters with someone unless I have to. I know more counter grappling actually, breaking arm bars and slipping out of locks, ways to get out of stuff and stay on your feet.