PDA

View Full Version : Romanticism in Literature

Eduard
03-23-2015, 05:32 AM
What do you think of it? I am very curious to hear what would your opinion be of the current of Romanticism that marked literature with geniuses such as Hugo, Poe, Eminescu, Schelling and more?

I have dabbled through it here and there, and I have been enthralled by the manner in which it contours an intrinsic escapade from the reality the characters face. Or how it took historical sources as forms of inspiration, its focus unto the ordinary as well as the way it focused upon immense emotional and aesthetic force. ( I cannot help but feel as it was one of the foundations for the grotesque, and the horror genre. )

Anyway, I wanted to see who else here sports an appreciation for this literary (to be broad, cultural and historical) period. Also, what Romantic authors could you suggest for me?

I am currently dissecting Poe's collections, mainly his poetry, although I cannot help but find a certain melody and bewitching fluency in his narratives as well. Then there's Eminescu who I am currently reading.

TeenageAngst
03-24-2015, 02:30 PM
Romantic literature is best viewed through the lens of history and metal:

ulfnJ0E34fU

Albino Axolotl
08-27-2015, 01:24 PM
More of an oriental romanticist. person.