PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Follow behavior

Bobskunk
10-01-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm a little worried to find that following behavior is set to "none" by default. If you just set up your profile and go around finding/watching people, you'll find that you receive no submissions, no journals, no stream statuses... You won't get any notifications at all. I had to check all the default follow settings under site preferences, then had to unfollow/refollow everyone to begin receiving notifications.

With no way to alter following settings, no list of users you're following as Ransom posted and no indication that it's set to opt-out of everything by default, there will be user confusion. I assume there will be a checkbox-filled modal popup when following someone when the site is closer to public release, but until then I don't think this behavior makes much sense.

catwithpen
10-01-2012, 01:06 PM
I would also like to see a list of people I'm following (and a list of people who follow me). Right now, the only way to find people is to remember their name with the correct spelling and type it in manually, or go through all of my favourites until I find something of theirs and go to their profile through there.

Wuvvums
10-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I was going to make a thread for this but I see there is one here. It took me a moment to notice that nothing was showing up in my follow list because it's set to none by default. At least there should be a prompt asking us on account creation what we'd like to see in a follow!

Stereo
10-02-2012, 03:31 AM
Per accordance to Weasyl's official Twitter, "Default Follow Preferences" issue has been resolved:

"Update: Fixed character comment bug, folder deletion behavior, default follow preferences, forgotpassword birthdate checking bug"

Furthermore, I believe the option to manage your followers as well as picking out which items you wish to see from them is being worked on. Currently, there is no ETA on this but we'll notify you as soon as we possibly could.

Kihari
10-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Default follow behavior has indeed been set to all options; users whose settings are still set to none have been updated to the intended default. To customize these settings, see https://www.weasyl.com/control/editpreferences once the site is back up.

A page for editing individual watch settings is forthcoming.

Edit: Users you follow can be managed from the control panel, and individual settings can now be configured for each followed user; feature only needs CSS styling which should be complete soon, so closing this issue. Thanks everyone.