PDA

View Full Version : game making program

redwolfdragon
01-25-2015, 11:36 PM
I've kinda been thinking for a little while, problem is, though, is that I'm having trouble finding something that kinda works to my requirements.
being: requires little to no coding, (since I cant code), has a wide variety of gaming style options, (got at least two ideas), can use the game commercially (have no idea how far I might take this so Justincaseyea), and is free

TealMoon
01-26-2015, 01:23 AM
Kind of a tall order for a free program.
The only program I know of is RPG Maker, which isn't free and I don't think you can sell games made with it.
This article might help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_creation_system .
Some knowledge of coding would help though.

Ibuuyk
01-26-2015, 09:52 AM
For artists who can't code, your only (good) options are RPG Maker and Flash. If you're willing to learn a bit of scripting, Unity is perfect.

Socks the Fox
01-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Trust me, learn some scripting.

It may seem complicated at first, especially if you try and look at someone else's scripting right away, but once you've learned how it works it gets a whole lot easier and you can make much more awesome things with it.

Saiko
01-27-2015, 01:46 AM
I'm gonna second Ibuuyk here. You reeeaaally will want to learn how to script for this, after which point Unity is excellent.

FishNChips
02-02-2015, 11:42 AM
You can't expect to work on a videogame and not code something.

Try GameMaker: Studio. You can try it out for free for an unlimited time before buying it at the price of two new videogames.

You have to script for it, but it's well-documented and one of the easiest programs you can work with. Hotline Miami, Risk of Rain, and Gunpoint were all made with it.