PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Expired stream notifications not being removed from messages

Kirona
01-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Stream notifications are supposed to have a time limit (maximum 6 hours / 360 minutes), after which the stream is supposed to be automatically designated as offline, and assumedly the notification sent to users' inboxes removed. However, this doesn't seem to be occurring - I tend to check my messages once daily, and have had stream notifications in my inbox as "[user] is streaming now!" that are 20+ hours old and very obviously no longer active. In some instances where I'm not able to check messages for several days, I've even had 3 to 5 notifications of "streaming now!" for the same user.

Nanuk
01-23-2015, 11:32 PM
Hey Kirona,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check with our development team and see if this is functioning as intended or not.

Kirona
05-26-2015, 07:39 PM
I was wondering if there's any word on whether this is functioning properly or not. In the last month, I've intentionally not cleared stream notifications to see if they go away eventually, but they don't. Right now I have 17 stream notifications, spanning from April 19th through May 26th, all worded as though the users who posted them are still/currently streaming (which, for all but the ones posted today, are pretty much guaranteed to not be the case).

Fiz
05-27-2015, 04:37 PM
I was wondering if there's any word on whether this is functioning properly or not. In the last month, I've intentionally not cleared stream notifications to see if they go away eventually, but they don't. Right now I have 17 stream notifications, spanning from April 19th through May 26th, all worded as though the users who posted them are still/currently streaming (which, for all but the ones posted today, are pretty much guaranteed to not be the case).

It's functioning as how it is intended. Stream messages do not automatically clear from your inbox.