PDA

View Full Version : re: thumbnail visibility

christaphorac
12-22-2014, 11:23 PM
Hello. :3
Update on the thumbnail situation.~

After the issues with thumbnail visibility this past summer, the problem seemed to be fixed for a few months.

Then around the time of the mass-DDoS in late October, thumbnails stopped being visible for me again.
Hasn't changed since.

Same situation.
On my comp and my iPhone they're not visible.
On some systems other than my own, they are.
For example when I was at FurPocalypse Halloween weekend I could see everything on the hotel's business room comp in all it's colorful glory. ^^

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.

skylerbunny
12-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Hey, Christophorac! You remember me, right?

So I'm curious about something. When you say you can't see thumbnails on your iPhone, is that 'whether or not you're home'/on your home network? What browser are you using?

Ditto for your desktop at home.

When you see this problem, does it affect ALL thumbnails on Weasyl, or just some?

I'm guessing completely blindly here, but given this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem, I'm thinking that this might be something on your end. Things I can think of, maybe...

* Whether Javascript is purposely disabled, or similar
* Some sort of ad or content blocker that you're running on both your computer and iPhone
* Possibly something to do with your home router (If that's the case, browsing on somebody else's Wifi or on the mobile network will probably 'fix it'

Again, these are just sorta blind guesses, but see what you make of it.

Thanks!

christaphorac
12-26-2014, 02:49 AM
I use Safari in both cases, fwiw.
Not sure if I'm running an adblocker on my iPhone.
I -used- to run one on Firefox on my comp, but not on Safari.~

I've used wifi on my phone before and there doesn't seem to have been a change.

These are the only deets I know.

Anything else u wanna know?~

Also, yes I remember you. ^^

- C

- - - Updated - - -

Oh! Forgot- all thumbnails are affected. Only things I can see are the larger works, and the changing folder-images on the front page.