PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Cant figure out how "commission prices" works.

OneEyedDoe
10-01-2012, 12:53 AM
I really... Dont understand how to set these or how to make them visible.
What is the difference between the "Class" and "Price Title"
Do you select a class than edit the price title and description accordingly? Or is the description a single description to describe all commission info, not just the single class.

Can someone just give a quick run down as to how this works?

HerrAardy
10-01-2012, 03:30 AM
From what I understand "Class" would be something like a Conbadge, but you can take different types of badges. "Watercolor," "Marker," or "Digital". Not sure if that's the way it's intended, but that's what I get from it.

taasla
10-01-2012, 06:27 AM
You create a class such as Sketch, Flat color, Color.
Then a "Price" would be "single character" "extra character" "background" and set it under the class. If it's a base price, such as the first character, then change the last line on the price area to "this is base price". If it's an additional cost such as an extra character, change it to "this is an additional cost".

A description shows up above your commission prices which is where I am assuming you can put a link to your terms of service or any little notes clients need to know.

Just make sure you make your classes in order. I made mine randomly and now I have them jumbled up on my profile page and can't change it unless I delete the class, which is pretty much starting from scratch.

OneEyedDoe
10-01-2012, 07:15 AM
hmm, okay I think I understand now. The only thing that will be difficult is that my commissions are custom costume parts and such.... im not really sure what to add since theres not really a sub catigory like watercolor and everything you mentioned
Mine would have a class "custom tail", and not need any more
Ill play around with it a bit and see what I can do : ) thansks for the help!

Ben
10-01-2012, 09:37 AM
We'll be making sure to have a help guide made for Commission Prices (as well as a couple other things), because I'm sure you're not the only one who had that problem. Thanks to everyone else who offered assistance though, it's greatly appreciated!

OneEyedDoe
10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Tuorial and guides would be greatly appreciate! :'D
I finally figured everything out, but do you know if there will be an option to edit classes? Like put them in order and allow you to go back and edit a class rather than having to delete the class and re-make another class thats the same but edited?

Samael
10-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Jumping on this now that we're back - we sincerely need an edit and organize option for Commission stuff!

SpikedKanine
10-08-2012, 02:24 AM
Yeah-- I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it confusing figuring out the commission thing. xD

I honestly found it a confusion to figure out. Its...not really something I think I can just look over quickly and figure out when I need to tweak something.. But yeah as it was said above a tutorial that would explain it at a later date would be nice!

Then again I may just be dumb-- who knows. xD

Taw
10-08-2012, 02:32 AM
We appreciate the feedback guys! Part of the beta testing is about user feedback on how things feel and work to them, not all about bugs! :3

I'll make sure to pester our main site coders about this and see what we can do in the near future for this. c:

Spelunker Sal
10-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I would suggest adding some kind of "examples" option to commission classes in order to give a visual idea of a commission type after listing a price, perhaps. Also, it would be nice to be able to use the description field -without- having to enter classes. The description doesn't show up unless a class is entered. Though this might only be convenient for me since I have my commission information in google docs. So not sure if it would be worth addressing!

Arle
10-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Hello there!
I am currently editing my commission prices, is there any option to put a description for each thing?

Vine
10-30-2012, 02:38 PM
No, but there should be.

Temrin
10-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Its still a work in progress (site is beta) so there are things missing here and there. The commission prices doesnt even have an option to go back in and edit what you've already put in :/ So thats a bit of a pain. But hopefully soon : )